Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Want a good tune?

Contact Ian at Reflect Tuning (do a Google search.) Multiple members on here can vouch for his Stage 1 tune. Very stable, very consistent.

No I have never heard of that tuner, Nor would I use an eBay tune unless vouched for by the community.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,195 Posts
pretty sure that dude dropped off the face of the planet. just sayin'
Pretty sure he didn't. A couple of impatient and non understanding members here ruined his selling opportunity on PW. I bought a tune from him a couple of months ago. Super responsive. Great tune too.

Just sayin'

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey vag guy do you remember how much is was and I'm guessing the Ecu had to be sent out? Also how do I get in touch with this gentleman?

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,195 Posts
You can pm K0mpresd here and he should respond. Last time I checked it was maybe mid $200s? Also, ecu included. Keep yours.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
pretty sure that dude dropped off the face of the planet. just sayin'
He started up a website, Reflect Tuning, instead of milling around on forums. He doesn't own a Passat, he actually has like a MKV Rabbit or Golf something. He does know what he's doing, and I've met the guy in person and seen the setup. Its pretty legit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I talked to him today through email and I'm going to probably do that. I would kind of like to test it out like apr says you can do but this is not an option. So it is what it is I suppose. He quoted me 220$. Not to bad for a stock tune. Decent gains too.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,195 Posts
Preferably an upgraded diverter valve. Most go for the 710n version from the Audi tt225 1.8t

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can vouch for this guy also. I purchased the stage 1 tune from him off eBay about 5 months ago. Its was 180 + I paid for overnight shipping bc I didnt want to wait. I beleive it was around 250 when all done. He is out of Oregon and is very knowledgeable about VW's. I have been able to contact him too , when I needed to. He will work with you should any problems arrive, but I havent had any issues at all tune related. Give him a call and he will make you feel better about the price. I got the 1 Tune 2002 Passat AWM engine code, Car is super responsive, 17-19 lbs of boost all day long. Not bad for 250 bucks.. Here is his website, I know its kinda cheesy, but this guy is legit...
INMotion Tuning® USA Homepage

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'd wait and save up to.go.somewhere local. You don't want your car to be the one with problems and no.local help. Companies that have been in the game for years have a reputation to keep.

I just sold my stage 1 giac tune with ecm for 200. Check classifieds

1 - 15 of 15 Posts