Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car about 5 weeks ago. It runs well, looks good etc.... ANYWAY The only problem was that the check engine light was on. So, i took it to just about the only mechanic in the world i trust and he told me that the reason why the light was coming on is because the engine computer is trying to relay messages back and fourth with the automatic trans computer... I have a manual transmission... SO, what i, as well as he believe happened is that the previous owner probably chipped the ecu and swapped it with a stock ecu from an automatic passat before selling it. Now i'm stuck because i either need a new ecu or get this one reprogrammed.

So here's where i need the help... instead of going to volkswagon to get ripped off with this reprogramming bs, i emailed neuspeed because i want to put a 1.0 bar chip in anyway and they need to reprogram it anyway. So i explained to them the problem and asked them if they could reprogram it for a manual trans. They agreed but they need to know ecu numbers for a 99 passat 1.8t with a manual trans and i don't have that. If anyone has a 99 1.8t with a manual trans can you please tell me your ecu numbers? That would be so awesome... Hope someone responds soon. Thanks for reading, bye

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hehe...my wife has my car right now...I'll try to post when she get's back...do a search though, someone ought to have it.
I am suprised that Neuspeed doesn't have it though. They should know but then, they may not have everything the do on file... :lol:

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I bought an APR chipped ECU from a guy who had it in his '99 A4 1.8T Quattro Manual.
The ECU codes were identical between my original ECU and the chipped one that I purchased (I can remember what they were exactly, but I know it was all "0"). So were the part numbers (8D0 907 557 P).

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70876&highlight=manual+automatic+ecu

jaero said:
for an AEB engine, the stock ECU in a Passat with front drive without traction control has the following codes:

06001 - Manual
06051 - Automatic

If your car has Traction Control the codes are:

06101 - Manual
06151 - Automatic

If you have a different engine than the AEB let me know and I will check the codes.
VAG-COM

[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Recode - 07]
Enter the code
[Do It!]

Write down the original coding for future reference.

1st digit is country code, 2nd digit is emissions type, 3rd is drivetrains option, 4th is transmission type, 5th is vehicle type.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
As Drive indicated in his post, the ECU from a MY 99 can easily be recoded to switch from automatic to manual transmission. All you need is to find a VAG-COM; it only takes 5 minutes. I suggest that you do this before having the car chipped just to be sure there isn't some other problem causing the CEL. There is a VAG-COM locator thread in the information forum.

I can't answer your specific question... I have an automatic in my car and the ECU part number is 8D0 907 557 P. I have seen this same part number on the ECU from manual trannie cars listed in the classified, as in this thread...

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72337&highlight=ecu

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.