Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search, but didn't find a good answer.

I have a 2000 1.8 Tip with ECU # 4B0 906 018 Bh and I am planning to visit Wett :lol:

For dealer servicing trips, though, I'd like to keep my stock ECU.

I have seen a 4B0 906 018 Bg ECU FS in the classifieds. Will this work plug-n-play? If not, is this something what would be covered by Kelly at Wett when they reprogram the ECU? Do I need a VAG-COM?

TIA

·
Registered
29,150 Posts
No,it must be the same. Wett will socket the chip and return your old one. You can swap them out if you want when you go to the dealer.

Plan on changing your vacuum lines (including the L hose by the intake).

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
...and any check valves that look like they've been over-cooked.

Enjoy the Wett chip. I'm very happy with my 1.0 bar. Socketed is a great way to go... easy to return to stock if needed.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hadn't even thought of those things...

So, how would I know that a valve is cooked?

And vacum lines...any suggestions re: an upgrade path here? Or is the "normal" stuff fine? (I'm into functional vs bling). Chip is the ultimate functional over bling: all perfromance, no external evidence!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
the surface of the check valve starts to look flaky or pitted after awhile. however...

do the vac hoses first... the regular stuff from autozone/pepboys/oreiley should be ok. for a little more you can get silicone from www.hosetechniques.com (better heat resistance).

3.5mm inner diameter is ideal for the vac lines.

replace the much-hated oem crimp clamps with hose clamps from autozone/pepboys/oreiley at you go, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.