Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed a web order yesterday, and managed to screw it up pretty good. I ordered the wrong part. :oops:

I called up and spoke to one of the guys there, who patiently and gently took all the info down, checked to see if the parts were in stock, and got my order squared up.

He advised me that the part was out of stock, and then went off to see when it was due in, letting me know that it was due yesterday, so hopefully it would arrive in time to go out. That was a really cool thing - giving me that much detail let me know that even though it wasn't there at that second, it would be in within a few days and possibly immediately. Even if I had had to wait, I felt good that they were up front with me and let me know that from the start.

I logged into their site today to see if it had left the building. UPS tracking (nice touch!) advised me that it arrived at my work today. :)

Thanks for putting up with me! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I'm glad somebody can put up with ya.

:p

oh and ECS does rock! I've ordered wrong part in the past and it was a breeze to deal with.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
maniac_productions said:
too bad their shipping department is a ripoff...
i wanted a $2 t-fitting and shipping was $8 :weirdo:
That's why you get a free FedEx and UPS account so vendors can charge directly to your account number which insures proper shipping costs. :)

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
i got a call from Jack asking me if i wanted (4) 5L bottles of oil, or (4) 1L bottles of oil. kinda nice of them to check 8)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I ordered an ECS Ultimate Timing Belt kit a few weeks ago and athough they told me it would take 5 days to ship, it only took 3. Definitely a good place to do business. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
well, they screwed up the 2pc. 12.3" rotor thing a few weeks back but Jack @ ECS accomdated us for the most part. I think I got the good end of the deal because they credited me my shipping costs for the screw up (they shipped everything to Yuti in Irvine, CA. I'm in NorCal! It was an interesting transaction to say the least. :) They righted a wrong and that counts for something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts