Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or does ECS Tuning suck at shipping in a timely manner?
I' currently have about a dozen orders in at ECS Tuning, all but one awaiting shipping. Most of the items said they would ship in two days. I've gotten emails everyday this last week telling me that the 'items availability has changed and expected ship date is postponed'.
That was 3 'efing weeks ago. I've gotten one item since then.
Four of the items I purchased said they were in stock ready to go. Those four parts are now obsolete. :mad::banghead:
Then I get a an email from some girl over their, and she says I need to respond to her so she knows what part to send as a replacement. Are you serious? The god damn part is obsolete as of today.
It just seems that ECS Tuning takes for ever to ship anything and everything.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ordered this part 3 weeks ago, said was in stock!

This what I get 2 days ago.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 2:29 PM EDT, Erin Jansen <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

The Rain Tray / Battery Cover Kit that you have ordered is no longer available. The product is either no longer in production or is unable to be sourced by ECS Tuning. We were unable to locate any substitute product for the item ordered.
Please respond letting us know how you want to proceed.

For current order information including expected ship date, availability and more sign into your account here.

Erin Jansen
Customer Service
1800-924-5172 ext. 467
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another item ordered 3 weeks ago. Said it would ship in 2 days.

Got this yesterday!

Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 7:08 PM EDT

Hello David,
We are writing to inform you that there has been a delay in receiving some of the items for your order.
As of the current time, we are expecting them to arrive on 02-AUG-2019 .
If you would like to add, remove or make any other changes to the items on this order please let us know.
Please use this link to view your current order status.

Here at ECS Tuning, we work hard to make sure that we get your items to you in a timely manner. Your items are on order with our vendor and as soon as they arrive in our warehouse, we will ship this order. Please understand that due to shipping policies, we do not ship this order partial without your consent because extra shipping fees may apply.
Please contact us if you have any questions. You can contact us by phone @ 1-800-924-5172 option 1, by using the Live Chat option in the upper right hand corner of our website www.ECSTuning.com, or by simply replying to this e-mail.
Thank you,

ECSTuning.com
1000 Seville Road
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would just cancel all outstanding orders. I don't know what you ordered, but I've been using Blauparts for my parts.

That's the problem. I know what other stores have parts for our cars but ECS is the only place besides the dealer that have what I'm after.
I've been buying up miscellaneous body parts to freshen up my car and get rid of nagging secondary issues.
You would not believe how hard it is to find the battery tray cowl cover for B5.
B5.5 covers I can find all over the place.

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
I never buy anything from them that does not show in stock and ready to ship. I've had a few orders that still take a couple of days, but overall they have been pretty good.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's the problem. I know what other stores have parts for our cars but ECS is the only place besides the dealer that have what I'm after.
I've been buying up miscellaneous body parts to freshen up my car and get rid of nagging secondary issues.
You would not believe how hard it is to find the battery tray cowl cover for B5.
B5.5 covers I can find all over the place.
If the only difference is round versus rectangular brake fluid reservoir opening, I will try to grab you one on my next trip to the salvage yard - I think I saw a relatively intact '98.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the only difference is round versus rectangular brake fluid reservoir opening, I will try to grab you one on my next trip to the salvage yard - I think I saw a relatively intact '98.
If you could find one of those that would be awesome. Yes, the one I need has a round opening.
Let me know.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I looked at every B5 with the round brake fluid reservoir and every one of them was missing their battery compartment cover. Do the covers w/ round openings have some design flaw ? I even checked all the Audis w/ round reservoirs and those covers, too, were AWOL. Too bad you recently replaced your reservoir - you could have tried to make the rectangular one fit, if possible. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked at every B5 with the round brake fluid reservoir and every one of them was missing their battery compartment cover. Do the covers w/ round openings have some design flaw ? I even checked all the Audis w/ round reservoirs and those covers, too, were AWOL. Too bad you recently replaced your reservoir - you could have tried to make the rectangular one fit, if possible. Sorry about that.

Already looked at doing that a few years ago.
The B5.5 braking system (rectangular reservoir) is completely a different version of parts and fitment. The rectangular reservoir and it's accompanying master cylinder won't mount to the B5 brake booster.
The hard lines from the master cylinder to the ABS unit are of completely different hydraulic fittings.
The ABS unit cannot be used from a B5.5 in a B5 because the ABS unit is a different. The early model cars had a Bosch ABS unit version 5.3.
The later model cars (sometime in 2001 and later) had a Bosch ABS unit version 5.7.
Using a Bosch ABS version 5.7 in a B5 will cause the dash gauges to do some majorly weird stuff.

I think my only hope now is finding a new one from an Audi source that still has the number listed on file, or finding an old used one someday in passing.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,586 Posts

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may be wrong but I don't think the US B5 Passats ever had a battery compartment cowl cover. That's why the cabin filter housing had one. Euro B5 maybe, but not US.

You're looking for the 2001.5-2003 I think. This one? https://www.jimellisvwparts.com/products/Volkswagen-VW/2002/Passat/Satin-black/5237000/3B1819447A-B41.html

Yes! That is the part I'm looking for.

3B1-819-447-AB41

Not to dispute what you're saying, I'm quite sure you are more knowledgeable than me on this stuff but,
I know for certain my car had a rain tray cover until I ripped apart the motor and then let it sit outside for about 5 years. The car was no more than 20 feet from the sidewalk at that time. Anybody could have just lifted the hood and swiped that cover within seconds. I still have the rectangular battery cover.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now you all got me confused. My 2002 has the square opening, and every 2001 and earlier that I saw in the salvage yard had the round opening.
I surely can't explain this, but after the Bosch 5.7 ABS update to the braking system I think somewhere/sometime in 2001 and later the master cylinder reservoir were all rectangle shape.
Personally, I think part number 3B1-819-447-AB41 has the wrong description on it. Even the parts person at the VW dealer made mention that was extremely odd.
Anyways, as of 5pm yesterday, according to VW and their database, only 3 of these are left in the country and it is a discontinued item. After stock is depleted, that's it. So I purchased all of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts