Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
ahhh

I am planning get the ECS Stage 1 upgrade the 13.1" rotors and keep the stock caliper and pad size!

I am also hoing to see some pics too, so TTT for Tom!

Rich :)

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
I have bought 2 sets of brakes from them, the latest being this Stage2v2. The only complaint is that the special "cadmium" plating they tout so much sucks. Big time sucks. The unswept part of the rotors will rust within weeks and never look like they claim it will stay looking.

The brakes work pretty good but honestly, it's not tons better than when I had stock with better pads. They definitely are better but it's not $1,700 better until you drive the living crap out of your car or go on a track or lots of steep mountain roads, which I do.

Scott

Before being driven, the rotors looked nice:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
i got the OEM BBK (A8 ) which i havent installed yet(hasnt been delivered) so i will post my findings. after talking to zeckenhausen racing, you need to get a more aggressive rear brake pad to help balanced out your braking bias to the factory specs, which are carefully engineered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.