Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the huge pics... Anyway with a lot of help from my buddy we successfully installed the ECS OEM BBK.
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd...WD&category=Braking&subcategory=Big Brake OEM
I used A8 plain faced rotors with TT caliper carriers in the front and OEM plain faced rotors in the rear. Installed Hawk HPS pads all around. So far no problems!! I also like the Hawk performance over the Mintex Reds I had previously.
The installation is pretty simply the hardest part for us was getting the car up on jack stands safely. :nervous: Its kind of PITA because the car is lowered and the Votex side skirts hang reaaaaally low.

Again I apologize for the huge pics... I was in a rush... as usually :oops: I was originally going to put in the ECS Stage II v1 setup but due to time and money I decided this would be the best option for now.

Later

Ron

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D.Passat00 said:
how's the braking compared to before?
I noticed I have to apply a little more pressure if I'm not going fast. For example around the block trips. I think the Hawks need more heat to perform. But when I'm on the highway doing 80, I don't have to apply as much pressure. I accidentally did once and I almost flew out the windshield. :lol: The larger A8 rotors also have a lot to do with the improved performance. Its hard to tell I just did the install last night. The bedding process is pretty much done by now. Oh.. I have noticed the Hawks don't squeak as much as the Mintex. The Mintex were fine when they were cold but as soon as you got the hot they squeaked, which royally annoyed me.

If your on a budget this is BBK is perfect for you!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
98PassatPimpin said:
We want a write up! :p Looks great! :thumbup:
I was thinking about doing a write but there's really not much to write about. Its just your standard brake job with bigger parts.

JimmyDee said:
Are you using a bucket to support your car?
Cute... :lol: No the bucket is there to support the caliper. Good one though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.