Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today THMotorsports.com let me know that my new Koni FSD - Spring/Shock kit was being special ordered, and probably two weeks away from shipping. OUCH! And I have a garage day planned for July 2nd. But THMotorsports had the best price by far - at $882 shipped.

What to do?

I shot an e-mail to [email protected] asking if ECS could match THM's price. Two minutes later a reply form Jon with a confirmation that they could actually do a little better than THM's best price, and ship immediately, with an anticipated receive date well before my planned garage day.

Great service. And in this day of credit cards and little print, it was nice to be able to negotiate a price (I'm a lawyer; it's in my nature).

I've written about this before. I always try to speak to a live person of authority to see if I can do a little better (or a lot better) on the price. Lesson here is that ECStuning consistently supports PassatWorld. And with that support is a two-way street. I do business with people who do business with me.

Good job Jon. I shall continue to deal with ECStuning.

P.S. To [email protected] - Snorkfest V is on the horizon. Keep those cards and letters (and raffle gift cards) coming.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes, Jon's role on PassatWorld is probably not as visible as we give it credit for.

In my experience, I go to ECS simply because of Jon's great feedback on parts I am looking for and his quick turn around on any questions I may have.

He makes the whole experience very professional and effective.

Thanks Jon.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
In this day and age of internet "dis" connectivity, it was really appreciated being able to negotiate a matching price, and then some.

When I buy my fishing tackle I do business with my locally owned B&T shop. Sure I pay a little bit more. But there is a value to dealing with someone I know and who knows me.

Same thing with ECS. I acknowledge that I usually pay a little more than other online sites (though not in this case with my Koni FSDs). But I have a real person to speak with if there is an issue or problem.

·
Registered
668 Posts
youll probably want to kick me for this, but i got my koni fsd/eibach spring kit in may, just before the sale that koni was having ended... i payed 707 shipped... good news though! i love the kit, car looks/feels amazing!

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Thanks for the kind words and feedback everyone!

Thank you very much VeeMike, I'm more than happy to help out where I can and certainly appreciate you taking the time to post.

If anyone has questions, concerns, feedback, etc... please do not hesitate to send over a PM or email. While I can not always handle everything directly, I am more than happy to try and help out where I can, or direct things to the appropriate department.

Thanks again everyone!

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
youll probably want to kick me for this, but i got my koni fsd/eibach spring kit in may, just before the sale that koni was having ended... i payed 707 shipped... good news though! i love the kit, car looks/feels amazing!
I saw that. I've been running Bilstein HDs with Eibach springs for close to 140,000 mis. I just don't want the harsh ride when encountering bumps. From what I researched the Koni FSB with Koni's own matched springs (Who makes/supplies Koni's springs?) reading that the harsh, low speed encounters are tamed.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've had really good experiences with ECS so far. Shipping has been amazingly fast as I am located near their warehouse. Don't know if they are the cheapest one but the good service gives me peace of mind that I am getting the right parts

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
I saw that. I've been running Bilstein HDs with Eibach springs for close to 140,000 mis. I just don't want the harsh ride when encountering bumps. From what I researched the Koni FSB with Koni's own matched springs (Who makes/supplies Koni's springs?) reading that the harsh, low speed encounters are tamed.
I think they are Eibach, Mike.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Jon, do you guys typically price match?
There are some parts we can price match on, and others we can not. Unfortunately it varies quite a bit based on manufacture, availability, etc...

Unfortunately I am not able to process price match requests. Any price match request would need to be emailed to [email protected] so the sales manager can take a look at things directly.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
143 Posts
My A/C relay, 1.8T badge and cabin air filter should be arriving any day now, of course from ECS! Love them guys over there. I always go there first when looking for anything. Unless I can find it so much cheaper that it doesn't make sense, I stick w/ ECS every time. Hear hear!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm from Brasil , here is veryyyyyyy, very, very dificult find quality parts to my b5 and i'm buy only in ecs, everytime very professional and effective.

thanks jon !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts