Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me about the sport E-05 turbo? The description says, "The E-05 utilizes the compressor wheel and housing from the S model K-03. It is slightly larger in diameter than the K-04." Being larger than the K-O4 would this be a better turbo upgrade with a combination of larger injectors, fuel regulator, down pipe + exhuast, and chip?

Bob

·
Registered
879 Posts
I think in 1-2 weeks I'll put the E05 on.As far as I am informed ,it needs the Revo software,and IIRC without any peripherals (exhaust,exhaust manifold,FMIC) except for injectors and free flow air filter,is supposed to give something in between 260-270hp.With the peripherals,maybe close to 280-290hp......we'll see.
This is all I know so far!

·
Registered
78 Posts
That seems a bit high, doesn't it? 260-270 hp on a K04 :???: This is still a rather small turbo. And I assume you are talking about crank HP. Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
check out audiworlds a4 forum. A few people have them there. I think greedspeed has a e05 kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
not_too_shabby
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing