Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one have or know sumtin a bout it , like tq gains hp gains-wah it feels like
let me know asap .got 2000 bucs from a fender bender wanna by sumtin

euroadrenaline
europort

waaaaaaaaaa-gone

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
buy a ko4 or save sum extra for a eliminater. all ive heard about the e05 is that it breaks quite easy. and thats why it aint used much.

this aint a normal k04
http://www.mjmturbos.com/images/K04-23.jpg

its from these guy's http://www.mjmturbos.com/ i got one of my other turbo's rebuilt from them. and didnt have one problem with them. i actually think im gonna get the turbo i link above
Anyone know how well the GIAC K04 File for the AWM (The one Nuisance just got) would run with this, considering it the 23, not the 15.

·
Registered
570 Posts
any one have or know sumtin a bout it , like tq gains hp gains-wah it feels like
let me know asap .got 2000 bucs from a fender bender wanna by sumtin

euroadrenaline
europort

waaaaaaaaaa-gone
I'm guessing your very young by your typing. I would personally recommend that you save that money for later in life. I'm only speculating your young, but if i'm right, tuck that money away because it will be a lot more handy when your older. The fact that you can't afford a big turbo without the accident money tells me, this prob isn't in your best interest. Just my .02

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Anyone know how well the GIAC K04 File for the AWM (The one Nuisance just got) would run with this, considering it the 23, not the 15.
Can't run a 23 on a longitudal motor, its designed for the transvers(aka Jetta, golf, tt)

Edit, I see that has a 23 compressor wheel in a ko4 body, wonder how much different they are.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no man i got money - just got sum extra spendin from that accident.. dont wanna go for atp turbos , cuz 2 of my boyz have turbos from them and its straight problems from the begining

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Edit, I see that has a 23 compressor wheel in a ko4 body, wonder how much different they are.

Here is an email I got from the guy:

email said:
The K04-23 is a powerful turbo vs the K04-15 (twice bigger).
If you will buy a K04-15 today, the price will be in the area of $900. +
I have a K04-23 which is a rare find that will bolt (plug and play).
I have 2 left. No one has this turbo, try to seach.
The cost is $995. + shipping.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
The 23 was for transverse so I doubt there is a software for an engine code of a long. motor. I believe there was a member from greece that was making a tubular manifold and using a 23.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I have no idea. I am not into turbo tuner. We are turbo manufacturing.
However, I sold 2 doz. of this since I started finding this turbo.
I think all of them are using GIAC chips. This is the only available chip by the way.

I think depends upon how much boost you want.
I believed the Giac that designed to use K04-15 is good up to 16-18psi?
(Not too sure)
If you will boost at the same psi without exceeding, I don't see any problem.
That is the email I got back when I asked about software.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
i like those guy's. plus i also think he will rebuild the k03's if anyone is interested in buying a used one for cheap to rebuild..

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I just spoke with my local GIAC dealer and he said that he hasnt heard anything about this variation of the 23, but the k04 software for the 15 might work, but he is confident there would still be plenty of tuning needed to work out some fuel trim issues....

I think I will just stick with a k04-15, keep it as it is meant to be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts