Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking around for some exhaust ideas since im somewhat limited because I have a v6 4Mo. I considered glasspacks, but I'm not really sure about there reliabilty..I keep hearing diffrent things on how long they last. I came across this
Would it work as a replacment for the resonator? The dimensions are as follows:
Body Height: 4-1/2"
Body Width: 9-3/4"
Body length: 20"
Overall Length: 25"
Any ideas on how it would sound? Im looking for something that will sound kind of like an R32..nothing to overbearing.
edit: I know about supersprint's setup, its wayy to expensive.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Look at Remus for rear mufflers - remus.at.
One of the US distributers is thewheelexchange.com - talk to Adam Hedspith.
He hooked me up for my V6 4Motion - rear mufflers were 275.00(?) each, plus 40.00 shipping. Install was about 120.00 at Meineke muffler.
They looked, and sounded great, much cheaper than SS. I kept the resonator.
Left 'em on when I traded up to W8 (Remus does W8 mufflers too)

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Remus mufflers are solid but they are overpriced! $550.00 for a pair of mufflers is rediculous when you get the same performance gains and quality from units from vendors like Magnaflow or Borla at half the price!

Stewartglx4Motion, remember the reason the SuperSprint exhaust was more expensive is that it was a full cat-back system and not just replacement mufflers. Vimalv617, quite a few 4Motion owners (W8, 1.8T, and V6) did a custom 2.5" mandrel bent system which replaced the center resonator muffler with an X-Pipe to even the flow going into a Dual-In/Dual-Out muffler. The custom setup also replaced the rear mufflers with high-flow unit!! A quality custom setup like this would run you about $900.00.. Do some searching on the posts because there's pictures of this setup available. Check VWGuy4Ever's exhaust!

Good luck,

Will aka The Swami

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Will,
that is true (SS includes center) BUT each muffler is also more expensive.
When I looked at SS v. Remus, the SS mufflers were about 475.00 each, the resonator was 625.00 - and the headers were a bit over 1,000.00.

Stewart

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remus mufflers are solid but they are overpriced! $550.00 for a pair of mufflers is rediculous when you get the same performance gains and quality from units from vendors like Magnaflow or Borla at half the price!

Stewartglx4Motion, remember the reason the SuperSprint exhaust was more expensive is that it was a full cat-back system and not just replacement mufflers. Vimalv617, quite a few 4Motion owners (W8, 1.8T, and V6) did a custom 2.5" mandrel bent system which replaced the center resonator muffler with an X-Pipe to even the flow going into a Dual-In/Dual-Out muffler. The custom setup also replaced the rear mufflers with high-flow unit!! A quality custom setup like this would run you about $900.00.. Do some searching on the posts because there's pictures of this setup available. Check VWGuy4Ever's exhaust!

Good luck,

Will aka The Swami
Thanks alot, you hit on all the major stuff. I was just wondering if that muffler could be used as the x pipe itself??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts