Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was out at Raceline USA today in Temple City CA. I wanted to get an idea of what my stock 2001 Passat has as far as power goes, it is a 5 speed fwd 1.8t with 141,436 at the start of the session. My highest horsepower and torque were on the same pull. This is my base, soon to begin my build which will be an entirely different thread. I'll update power ratings here as I commence my build.

138.47 horsepower
136.04 torque

134.968 horsepower average
134.552 torque average

Alright everyone, let's keep this specifically on topic. If it's not yours, I don't care. Only post your proof of what you are the owner of.

Attachments

·
Registered
26,206 Posts
Next time, have them set the grid to RPM, not speed. Once I get my car up and running, I will re-dyno to compare.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
I wanted to get an idea of what my stock 2001 Passat has as far as power goes, iha is a 5 speed fwd 1.8t with 141,436 at the start of the session.
How many miles did your car have after the session? Does your "build" include a larger turbo?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many miles did your car have after the session? Does your "build" include a larger turbo?
After the runs, my car had 141,446 on the clock. And yes a lager turbo is in the plans. I've sourced what parts I'm going with and where to purchase them from. Just have to make the money.

·
Registered
26,206 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is my 1st dyno:
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/dyno-forum/340456-my-b5-2-8-4mo-tip-dyno.html

Here is my build thread:
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/volkswagen-passat-b5-discussion/431530-6sp-manual-trans-1-8t-engine-swap.html

I don't know what to expect. I think the donor was chipped and I am keeping the dual exhaust after the downpipe. I am hoping for more power, but would be happy even if it stays the same as the weight loss and manual trans will improve driveability.
Nice work PZ. I was using a Dynojet, and wonder if the mustang dyno would have read higher, the same, or lower. As for your 6 speed, where did you find one at? I would be interested in swapping my 5 speed for a 6 speed later.

·
Registered
26,206 Posts
The 6sp came out of an 01 Audi S4. Getting a 6sp for a FWD is not easy, as they did not sell them in the US. I will use the same dyno when I go again to keep the numbers relative.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts