Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dynaudio system in my car but the previous owner replaced the stock receiver with an aftermarket one and bypassed the amp because it got water damage. Brilliant VW for the B5s it was the CCU and for the B6s it's the amp under the seat. Anyways, I want to replace it but the only amps and receivers I can find at the scrap yard are different part numbers. The parts guy at VW said that the amp may not work because it has different coding but my question is if I take the amp and the receiver out of a scrapped car would it work? My thinking is it should but has anybody done this or have experience with this? Are the connections at the back of the receivers and amps different for different part numbers? Any help would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should mention that the guy who wired the new head unit wasnt a professional and only managed to get the two front woofers working. I can definitely undue the wiring and rewire it back to stock without a huge amount of effort.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What year make and model is your car, and what y/m/m did the new stuff come out of?

I have an 08 Passat with Dynaudio and am a little (very little) familiar with it.

I changed the Hu and kept the amp and 10 speakers.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its an 09 Passat and the new stuff is for a 2010 Passat. I spoke with VW and they had said that the new passats need the main computer to be updated if they add a sub or make changes to the sound system, although they aren't sure about the 09's. Did you have to update anything on yours when you changed the head unit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts