Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I tried a search and couldn't find anything.

Is there any way to get rid of the accept dialog on the system? I understand the need for a manufacturer to have a CYA, but every time I start the car? damn.

I'd also like to find out how to skip over the satellite radio function on the radio mode. I only see a way to make the AM invisible. I let my Sirius drop, and have no intention of re-subscribing.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have a '07 Varient. Same complaint about the Accept screen. I think it's more of a hazzard that it forces you to take your eyes off the road and hit the Accept button every time you turn the radio on. My radio has XM and I didn't care for it too much. I have Sirius at home and prefer that but don't see enough advantage over FM to pay $ every month.

I got the NAV upgrade DVD and was hoping it would get rid of the screen, but no luck. There doesn't seem to be any way to do it with VAG-COM either. One other thing that bugs me is no MP3 capability!

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Nope, not that I know of, unless there is some way to steal the RNS-E software from audi and reformat i to MFD 2. I had a touareg Unit in my passat and deciede to go with a audi unit for this reason along with some others.

2,551 Posts
Nope, not that I know of, unless there is some way to steal the RNS-E software from audi and reformat i to MFD 2. I had a touareg Unit in my passat and deciede to go with a audi unit for this reason along with some others.
I've read on Touareg boards that they were able to get around the warning start up screen by changing their location through vag com. U.S. navi's have the screen but once changed to Europe, the screen went away.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a '07 Varient. Same complaint about the Accept screen. I think it's more of a hazzard that it forces you to take your eyes off the road and hit the Accept button every time you turn the radio on. My radio has XM and I didn't care for it too much. I have Sirius at home and prefer that but don't see enough advantage over FM to pay $ every month.

I got the NAV upgrade DVD and was hoping it would get rid of the screen, but no luck. There doesn't seem to be any way to do it with VAG-COM either. One other thing that bugs me is no MP3 capability!

The MP3 thing bugs me, too. Especially since my dealer told me that the 6 disc system would play them.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
The MP3 thing bugs me, too. Especially since my dealer told me that the 6 disc system would play them.
The 6-disc changer does play MP3's but not with the Navigation HU! Hopefully the new HU that will be used in the mid-year Passat change in 2008 can be fitted in our cars.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Maybe a software upgrade to the HU? I just got an upgrade to 4B that was supposed to upgrade the HU as well as the map data. I can't see that it did anything though - except maybe slow down the routing a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts