Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TT DV I ordered arrived today so I plan to install it this weekend. On a whim, I also bought the small clip PN: N10091101 which fits the smallest of the three hoses. I figure I'd just get regular hose clamps for the other two.

The small clip is the "one time use" type. I cannot figure out how to tighten it.

Anyone with prior experience able to explain how it tightens?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scuba2001,

Thanks for the heads up. I will just use standard clamps all the way around.

Regarding removal of the existing one-time clamps, what type of tool do you recommend for cutting them off?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
You have to use some crimping pliers to tighten it. Almost like a pair of wire cutters, but not sharp.

I'm replacing mine this weekend too along with the vacuum line. Should be fun.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not_to_shabby...

I think I have crimping pliers, I'll have to see whether mine will work. Do you already have removable hose clamps and if not, what will you use to remove the OE one-time-use clamps?

·
Registered
442 Posts
On the Wurth-type clamps, I've been able to cut 'em at the crimp using standard diagonals but it takes both hands.

I also bought the small clip PN: N10091101
Are these like a screw-type clamp? In the past, I didn't have any luck sourcing screw-type replacement clamps for 3.xmm lines, so ended up buying the same Wurths from an indie for $1.50 each and crimping them using end nippers.

Where did you get these from?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
You can just pull the vacuum hose off the little nipple on the DV more than likely. The bigger one time use clamp I had to cut off. I have already replaced my DV once. I'm replacing it again cuz I'll be under there anyways.

Yeah, you probably won't find small screw type clamps for the vacuum hose. I have actually been able to reuse most of those small one time use clamps by just prying the crimped part apart and clamping it again.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
@Slider - you may not want to use a normal clip on the vac line, either - it's so small that the screw housing distorts the clip from round, possibly leading to a leak. Try the smallest cable tie (zip tie) you can find, and only pull it snug tight. Remember, it's a vac line - it's not trying to pop off the nipple, anyway.

I really recommend swapping out the OEM vac line for a silicone vac hose - you're already working in the same area. Just tape the end of the new hose to the end of the old hose and draw the new hose through. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
pete1
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing