Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
check first for any hose leak!I thought yesterday that my RS6 DV had failed (same simptoms),and when I went underneath to replace it,I noticed the hose from turbo to FMIC,was half way disconnected,escaping boost!

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Rogerius has a good point. On our cars if the intercooler hoses arent attactched securely, you can get a stuttering noise. I was left stranded at a gas station an hour and a half away from home. When I was passing a car on the interstate, I blew a hose. I didnt know anything about it but Ill check things out next time if it happens again.

Vacuum hoses, DV, and intercooler hoses are something to check if you are stuttering and loosing boost. If you take the DV out and compress it, is the spring stiff? If so, its possible that the diaphram inside is broken, and you are only left to replace it.

Forge's arent known to fail, and if they do, they can be rebuilt.

Steve

·
Registered
879 Posts
generaly speaking,if a diaphragm DV is failing,u have to hear the honking sound first.What I heard (I keep the radio switced off to hear the turbo wheen and exhaust groan) was a PHSHAAAAAAAAT...Lost boost!
I'm seriously considering to keep permanently in the trunk the car jack and stands!!!!!!
Plus a spare DV and a spark plug coil :heart: :b5:
Scuba 2001 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies! I will check out the hoses today, although I would hope on a 03 with only 21000 miles that they would not come loose. :shock: Stranger things have happened.

Scuba, How are things going in Charleston? I just moved up here to Irmo recently from Goose Creek. I notice lots of Passats around here.

Paul

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Things are good here man... just had a gtg here with the rest of the CHS crew. Had about 15 people from Myrtle Beach, Beaufort, and Greenville.

Well, with being chipped, that can always open up a few avenues if things arent tight from VW. All depends man on stuff. VW - varries widely. :eek:h:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.