Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying really hard here... this stuff is on tape backup in my head somewhere and retrieving it is a long and difficult task...

But here are a couple:
Manimal - WTF was that crap? Who comes up with this stuff?
Airwolf - I dunno, something to do with a helicopter. Helicopter shows were big in the 80s for some reason.
Alf - who gave him permission to come back?

There was another one I can't remember, but it may very well be #1 - it had a fast "futuristic" car in it that would zip around corners at 100mph in an instant.... c'mon, help me out here!!

I'll embarrass myself now. I still watch Quantum Leap and McGyver when they are on... shoot me.

And of course STNG, but some things are timeless!! :D

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
WHAT!?!?! Airwolf was the shit! Are you kidding!?!

And that show with car you're talking about was called Automan. It was also a pretty cool show.

but you want dumb shows... heres a couple....
Designing Women - that shit was ghey.
Murphy Brown - yes... Major Ghey reporting for duty.
Max Headroom - ghey goes electronica....

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I think this may have come out in the early 1990's, but does anyone remember "Herman's Head"? That was pretty damn stupid.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Scott Baio and Willie Aames..cmon that combo is classic :wink:

Small Wonder was a "dumb" show per se. But I kinda enjoyed watching it.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I have vague (very vague) memories of something along the lines of all american hero or something crazy like that. I'm guessing it was either a family or a tween show. Not very helpful here.... :weirdo:

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I suppose this is all subjective & what stage iin life you were at in the 80's. For me, I was just a kid. Back in 1985, I was only 10. I loved all those 80's pop-cheese shows...

Mr. Belvedere
Perfect Strangers
The Greatest American Hero
Small Wonder
Charles In Charge
Saved By The Bell
Second Chance
Manimal
The A-Team
Riptide
Remington Steele
Whats Happening
Whats HAppening Now

All GREAT SHOWS!!!!

Murphy Brown to me was just some bitter old lady with a chip on her shoulder. Not exactly my definition of "fun" back then. Designing Women was just a bunch of chubby Southern Women shooting the shit all day.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Darter said:
I have vague (very vague) memories of something along the lines of all american hero or something crazy like that. I'm guessing it was either a family or a tween show. Not very helpful here.... :weirdo:
YES!!! EXCELLENT!!

Greatest American Hero definitely goes on the list...

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was 7-17 in the 80s.... I loved those stupid shows - I remember watching Airwolf, Manimal and of course A-Team.... But my favorites were Kung Fu, Star Blazers, Speed Racer, Transformers and GI Joe.... aaaah, memories.

Any other Kung Fu fans out there? The first season is coming out on DVD in March! I'm so there. :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
hotani said:

Believe it or not I'm walking on air
I never thought I could feel so free-ee-ee
Flying away on a wing and a prayer
Who could this beeeee
Believe it or not, it's just meeeeee

Really dumb theme song. It's been stuck in my head for twenty years. :weirdo:

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
hotani said:
Any other Kung Fu fans out there? The first season is coming out on DVD in March! I'm so there. :thumbup:
Are you kidding?!?! My Saturday afternoons were reserved for gluing myself infront of the TV watching the Run Run Shaw flicks on Channel 5 (right after the Saturday Morning Cartoons - what ever happened to SMC's anyway?). Afterwards, all the kids from the block would run outside with broomsticks & rakes in hand pretending to be the Swordsman with An Umbrella.. or a Buddhist Monk. Buddha bless you. Defend yourself.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
hoypinoy1234 said:
hotani said:

Believe it or not I'm walking on air
I never thought I could feel so free-ee-ee
Flying away on a wing and a prayer
Who could this beeeee
Believe it or not, it's just meeeeee

Really dumb theme song. It's been stuck in my head for twenty years. :weirdo:
I remember when it was 'mr hinkley' - but then a 'mr hinkley' shot reagan (do I have the facts right?) and so they quickly shortened it to 'mr. H' on the tv show. heh ;)

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
ahhh Riptide and Airwolf. Didn't they have some robot thingie in Riptide? And cmon Stringfellow Hawk in Airwolf, that's just a pimpass name. :)

Anybody remember a cheesy show called Sonny Spoon? It was with Mario Van Peebles.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Some decent stuff came out in the 80's. All I remember from the 80's though with an aching heart was Fraggle Rock, DAMN I miss that show! :cry:
"Down in fraggle rock"

Jim Henson, you are missed! :cry: RIP

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
20 Participants
Flippped
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing