Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Dude- I'm in -- 56k beware

Tags
56k beware dude
2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  jonsey24 
#1 ·
Had my 1.8t golf wrecked about a month back and had it totaled. (Chump blew a red light while I was making a left)

So after hemming and hawing about my options 325xi wagon, A4 3.0 Quattro wagon, outback wagon, Mercedes c class wagon… I was leaning towards the W8 wagon.

I couldn't decide if I wanted a auto or manual 6spd- but all the 6spds I could find I could find US wide had the light grey dash and leather- which doesn't work for me at all. :thumbdown
So I wound up with an auto, but in a nice Silverstone grey. It was already tinted, sport suspension, 18k miles, phatbox. But it was in Hollywood CA at a small specialty car shop- so I had to wait.

Got it today, so I'm now in the club! :beer:

What a rush this car is to drive, I can't believe I even considered breaking my long VW allegiance. I’m embarrassed I even considered going 325xi wagon. My girlfriend drives a 325xi sedan and it is just nowhere near as much fun- and I think the overall quality in the W8 is better to.

Already got my first wave from another VW nut in a modded MKIII out on the highway today. My girlfriend was like what the hell is that guy honking at you for?? She just doesn’t get it.

Anyway after lurking for over a month here now- I’m in.

As for future mods.. I see myself adding smoke sides and tails, VW from valence and side skirts and that's about it.

C'ya around!

See less See more
#2 ·
Awsome , i love the W8, my next one is a W8 variant (6speed so :D) or an S4 Avant (98-01) . Congradulation on this beauty and welcome to the club, glad to have you on board. Oh yeah, reduce the pics next time, i had to scroll side to side on a 21" monitor to see the whole pic :D.

#3 ·
very, very nice. thats not the stock "sports suspension" is it? it looks lower then that. whatever it is, the drop is perfect. congrats on picking up a rare and totally underrated car :cool:

#6 ·
Hawt! :thumbup:

Mods I would suggest (if I had the $$):
1. Replace OEM antenna with a shorty
2. Full votex body kit (painted sides, rear/front skirts)
3. Mesh grill and debadge the PASSAT, 4MO, and W8 emblems (make it a sleeper... :) )
4. Tinted tails

I have my tails tinted and I get more compliments on those than anything. People just notice them.

Keep us posted with pics with whatever you decide.

#7 ·
Sweet ride. I love the idea of a W8 Passat, but the $$$ just seems a bit high. Hopefully you got a good deal.

I think the main mods I would do are:

1. Votex front lip and side skirts.
2. Paint the rear lower plastic.

There are a lot of other potential mods, but those would really make it stand out. Don't you love it when you just complete a big purchase like this and all we do is tell you to spend more money? :)

#8 ·
paid 27k, plus shipping from cali. I was ahead on the golf loan, so totalling put some money in my pocket I just couldn't resist spending.

I know- you guys getting me anxious to spend my tax return... I gotta stop hanging out here. I was thinking about putting in a whole carputer system, XM, GPS, DVD and all with a singe din computer and xenarc 7" motorised tft touch screen (not sure if I can make the time commitment to install this though)- I may spend the tax return on those items before I spend on the exterior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.