Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered from this place 4 weeks ago. My order is still "Processing". Its beginning to piss me off!:mad: Ppl said dont order from these guys! they take forever! Should have listened:banghead: I ordered a Shark Fin antenna...PIECE OF CRAP!!!! Fuzzy ALL the time! I call them rings nd goes straight to voicemail. I emailed them and i doubt im gonna get a response from that?

Any other ways to get in contact? Any success stories!?:lol:

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
I have ordered from hima few times and NEVER had an issue.

Also have the sharkfin antenna from him and never lost any reception... :confused:

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,288 Posts
And it's just one guy. Sometimes he can be out of the country for a week or two or more.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
but I will say I have heard stories like yours too.. Rus seems to be hit or miss.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I had the same experience....almost exactly. All I can say is the product will arrive, but it may be 8 weeks. Bad bad bad.:thumbdown

·
Banned
53 Posts
I visited Dub Stop here in Santa Ana they had some sweet rims but I've never met a guy Russ. They have mostly 17" or larger rims and have plenty of parking in the back. They are exit 136 off of the 5.

·
Mr. Bieber 1st place WaterFest 17
4,625 Posts
i had great service through them but i ordered the sharkfin and installed and and ewwww at the reception. =/ listen to cds and hook the ipod up 99% of the time but still:thumbdown

never had a problem with them though i order stuff from him all the time:thumbup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
when I ordered some stuff from dubstop, I got them within the week, no problems. Sounds like he's a one man show though and I must have caught him in the shop that day. Best of luck

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had the same issue from this place. called and called over the course of weeks. thinking this was the only place to get exactly what i wanted. anyway,
never heard back, even after i spoke to him once.
eventually gave my money to another place.
I'll never call them back. forget about it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I left Rus a message the other day on the phone and sent Him an email. He hasn't responded to either. Shark fin antenna's wire is too short so now it's just what my old whip was -a roof ornament. How come some are fine while others don't fit. Bad supplier or retailer not paying attention and sending out the wrong item. No return correspondence isn't a good business practice.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Update

Rus responded to my email today asking how long the wire on the SF is. I was glad to see it, not just from my perspective but here's a business man trying to do the right thing. That alone makes willing to buy from him again.

It took me 10 minutes to

Open rear passenger door
Fold down seats
Take off drivers side rear handle only
Dislodge rear pillar cover
Pull liner over pillar cover by bending back pillar cover
Run fingers along back, then side edges of liner to free it
Open rear driver's side door and jump out
Reach in with tape measure to measure SF wire -8" (Whip wire was longer)
Buttoned it up - but left the seat down.

No need to undo both sides, don't rush and be careful.
Disclaimer: If you attempt this method do so at your own risk, I accept no responsibility for what my hands don't touch.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya Rus is still there. He actually contacted me thru email too! I was shocked, but he just got back in the country so hes patchin things up now. Im so happy to know i wasnt scammed. Rus is a true one man show, and a Buisness man at that. Thumbs up for DubStop, Highly recommended!:thumbup:

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
I visited Dub Stop here in Santa Ana they had some sweet rims but I've never met a guy Russ. They have mostly 17" or larger rims and have plenty of parking in the back. They are exit 136 off of the 5.
The Dub Stop is not the same as Rus and dubstop.com

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,167 Posts
Everyone should just but parts off of him at shows. I know he's at WaterFest and H2Oi. Great guy but seems to be away from time to time.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I've bought from him and nobody could've beaten his prices. Great guy.

He needs an auto-reply message when he's out of town. That would solve a lot of these communication problems...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.