Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there, could someone explain the correct procedure for doing the Ross Tech Basic Setting on the 6 SPD DSG(6-Speed Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG/02E) - Ross-Tech Wiki what i want to know is what exactly are you supposed to do after you follow EACH of the 7 procedures in vagcom.:crazy:

1.Transmission Tolerances (Engaged Calibration)s
Group 061
[Go!]
When you go to Basic Settings 061 and click GO the screen may look like this: Basic Settings 061
Wait until the numbers quit moving and the trans will quit making noises. Basic Settings switches to On when finished: Basic Settings 061
Wait until Basic Settings has switched to ON and all numbers have stopped moving. This may take one minute.

And then do what next? turn off the car before starting the next procedure, somehow save and move on to the next procedure?or something else.:banghead:

thanks

·
Registered
888 Posts
Gidday...

This may be more suitable for you? The VCDS open support forum is at:
VAG-COM Diagnostic Forum
You'll have to post your Autoscan as part of the forum's rules

After any of the VCDS scripts run, it's usual to go Done, Go Back, (exit out of VCDS but you don't have to disconnect dongle), IGN off, wait a min before going onto next setup procedure. Last month did my full re-adaptation (throttle body, re-adaptation, readiness) on my '06MY tFSI 2.0L and didn't even do the "IGN off, wait a min" between each. All were faithfully recorded at the end of my open log file as completed.

I've found with some convenience modules that you have to exit the car, lock, wait at least 10 mins for car to enter "sleep" mode, for all new settings to take effect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi RichardSEL, hey thanks so much, this is exactly what I have been wanting to know! I will now be able to do the the recalibration of the DSG on my 08 Passat 3.2 4motion with confidence.
Also thanks for the link.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey also do I need to do the paddle shift sequence even if I don't have that feature on my passat ?

Reset Values (Steering Wheel Paddle Installation)
Group 063
[Go!]
Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]

·
Registered
29 Posts
What about the 7 gear DSG? Is there any difference? Also about the steering wheel paddle, do you mean the + & - for shifting? Does these need to be used also in programming and resetting?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi there,yes there is a difference it's way easier!! check it out here, i've done it myself a few times only takes a few min unlike the 6 speed.Yes i mean the + and - for changing gears on the steering wheel, i never had this option on my Golf V so can't say for sure if you need to do it, but i guess if you have the option fitted then you should do it.
How to reset/apply Basic Settings for the 7 Speed DSG? - Page 2

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for sending the link. I'm still trying to understand it, as the english translation isn't clear enough. I don't want to try except if I'm confident. If you pass by a more clarified way or better illustrated by photos please send link. Thanks again for your effort and concern

1 - 7 of 7 Posts