Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had installed the 1BE springs with stock shocks for about 3 weeks. The drop on the driver front is 5mm lower than the passenger side. What is the cause?? I just send the car for toe alignment which I tought may correct this difference.

My ride is a 2003 Dec 1.8T Tip Passat Limo with 18" rims.

The rear left & right is 3 finger (wheel to arch), while the driver front is 3.5 finger and passenger front is 4 finger.

Please help!! :cry:

·
Registered
26,781 Posts
The springs may be settling at a different rate due to the weight of the driver.
Give it some more time. Seet looking car.

There was 1 other person who had this problem and he said it eventually evened
out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PZ said:
The springs may be settling at a different rate due to the weight of the driver.
Give it some more time. Seet looking car.

There was 1 other person who had this problem and he said it eventually evened
out.
The problem actually occurs before I changed my springs. I notice the left side is higher and initially thought it got to do with toe or camber alignment. I went to the dealer and they say that the camber cannot be change unless they move the sub frame. I checked from the front and the camber looks to be OK on both side. So I believe changing the camber setting will also have no effect.

However I also notice that the left suspension gives out a mild clunk sound when I brake while doing a reverse. Has it got to do with a defective arm? The car is only 3 months old.. :mad:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I like it, ur car is perdy :D

As for the suspension woes... I would give it time, as other members said, things eventually even out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long would it take for the springs to fully settle? :mad:

BTW, thank you for the comments. My next mod would be fog lights which doesn't come stock in Singapore bec we have Bi-Xenons.

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
haha - that IS Singapore... I almost didn't notice until you mentioned...

wow, what a difference! it's been 7 years since I last saw it..

hehe sorry to hijack your thread. :p

Have you attempted to loosen the bolts in your control arms and retighten them to accomodate the added tension of the lowered suspension?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
S_Klass said:

Have you attempted to loosen the bolts in your control arms and retighten them to accomodate the added tension of the lowered suspension?
Good idea, I will try it today.... finger crossed :nervous:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
S_Klass said:

HA HA HA S_Klass, you are spot on!!

The suspension sits perfectly with both side having the same height, YIPEE :lol:

I drove my car to the mechanic that fitted the springs and told them to loosen the control arm. They loosen it and I drove the car for about five min around the block. Went back and get it tightened and drove back to my office. I came out finger crossed and checked the height. Went to the front and the car look perfectly "balanced".

Once again thank you ClubB5 & S_Klass. 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts