Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installing sharkfin in the waggy, posted in electronics yesterday but no reply and i need to do this today or tomorrow (weekend).

closest i could find was this,couldn't find info on dropping the headliner for the b5.5 wagon, anyone has input? are pillar airbags an issue?

·
Registered
299 Posts
There's no need to remove the whole liner, just the rear half to access the base. What you need to do is to remove the lamp from the roof next to the trunk lid, the handles from rear, and if you got them cargo net holders behind the rear handles. Then remove C- and D-pillar covers and you should be able to drop the liner downward. You might be able to pull it off without removing b-pillar coverings (requires detaching seat belt upper bolts) and front handles, but be careful when streching the liner down.

If you got side curtains, before starting to remove the coverings, detach battery ground and let the car sit for about 10 minutes. Then just proceed with a bit more caution than when removing regular panels.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. was easy to pull down the headliner enough to access the antenna base. I only removed the rear lip (pull straight down carefully) and only one side of the rear pillars.

I'm pissed now though, the DubStop antenna cable was 1/2 inch too short, resulting in me cutting the old antenna cable off trying to make the new one longer (by cutting the new one as well and attaching the old one to it). now nothing works and i did all this for nothing.
not sure if its due to me cutting the cables (can coaxial cable be connected?) or if the dubstop antenna straight up sucks :mad: (its advertised as having "Excellent Reception")

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hum, in coaxial radio cables there is a metal shielding to protect the signal from losses, and if you have cut also the shielding, then the signal distraction from the cars chassis causes the reception to drop completely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts