Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

DRL question

Tags
drl question
960 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Barnacle-Billy 
#1 ·
Before installing my euroswitch i bent down pins 56d and B. I even taped them to make sure there is no contact. Problem is, I still have running lights on while parking lights are on. Regular running lights are off. I probably just missed something stupid, but I don't know what to do. By the way, I have a 2003.

#4 ·
I didn't bend mine over. I simply taped over "B" and "56D" on mine (right next to each other) and they work as advertised; no DRLs at all for me. Check your taping job again. Maybe try straightening the pins back out and taping them that way.

Hope this helps.

#8 ·
S_Klass said:
Yeah... I'm wondering if anyone has figured out how to get this -

Euro Notch 1 - City lights ONLY
Euro Notch 2 - City lights + Full Power Lights

Will pulling 173 create this scenerio?
I pulled 173 and I just installed my euroswitch. This is the scenerio I get. Switch 1 will bring city lights only on. Switch two will bring on both the city lights and low beams... Fogs can be activated in either mode.

#9 ·
Here is what I have with pulled relay 173, and a Euroswitch (b5.5):

Off position: nothing
Parking Light positon: City lights, and fogs (if pulled out)
On Position: Full head lights + City lights, and fogs (if pulled out)

No DRL's are present with this configuration. I will sometimes use the fogs as DRL's. I started to tape the switch at first, and decided it was easier just to pull the relay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.