Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am soon driving to England, where they drive on the wrong side of the road.

I have heard that the law requires me to cover the lights with some kind of stickers so they don't blind the oncoming traffic. Where can I find such stickers for the headlights on a B5.5?

Or is it enough that I just set the lights to the lowest position?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wrong side? Surely not! :wink:

You should be able to buy 'beam benders' from your local car accessory store, or maybe your dealer. The dipped beams need to point towards the left side of the road - your car currently points to the right, which will dazzle oncoming traffic.

You can adjust your headlights to do this, although you'd probably need the services of someone with alignment machines to get it right.

Of course if you have HID-Xenon like my B5 then you just flick a lever on the back of the light and it's done!

Hope this helps

David. 8)

·
Registered
246 Posts
bulletcom said:
Of course if you have HID-Xenon like my B5 then you just flick a lever on the back of the light and it's done!
Where exactly are these levers ??? I didn't know about that...

I just spent a week in France with my W8 (using horrible stick-on adapters on the xenon headlights) when I could have simply switched them over with a small adjustment !!!

Dohhhh !!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not sure about the B5.5 but on the old B5 with HID's there is a silver lever just down to the left of the main headlight bulb. You have to remove the rubber boot that covers the rear of the light assembly and you will need nimble fingers to reach the lever , just slide it over to the other side and its done , repeat for other headlight. remember which side the lever started otherwise you may end up with a crosseyed pattern when you change back.!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry w8cmp, just got back from a week in France...

But, it's just what he said... silver levers and Bob's your mother's brother...

Cheers

David 8)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks very much...I'll have to go digging under the bonnet now and see wht I find. Not sure whether I can get to the back of my stock HIDs on the W8 without disassembling half the engine bay contents... :nervous:

Chris

·
Registered
302 Posts
Why the hell would you cover your lights?? :crazy:

Blind oncoming traffic!! What the hell, what do we have on cars, Spot lights??? :crazy:

Dam cant help you on that one.

Just drive without your light on, even at night. That would save you from buying anything!!!! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts