Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I've got my car in for some recall work right now. What loaner did they give me? A brand new 2004 Beetle! I'm so stoked to have this car right now it's been sitting in my garage since 9:30 this morning! You have to love the smirks, chuckles and I-think-you're-gay-for-driving-a-beetle glances that are a given with these things.

So my question is.. why don't dealerships try to match up the car the person brings in with the loaner? What if I had a touareg or phaeton and brought it in for service? You can't tell me they'd give me a beetle. Does the fact that I drive a passat mean that my loaner should be of a lesser class? Last time I got a 2004 Jetta.. I was okay with it... But this is nearly embarrassing.

I know, I should grow up and shut up, but I think I have a valid point.

Please share similar situations.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've had a Jetta each time. I'd have a hard time in a Beetle too.

I'm pretty sure when you bring in a Toureg or a Phaeton, you get a Toureg for a loaner.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
It is GAY, not that there is anything wrong with it. 8) (Don't want to offend any of the gay B5 constituancy.) Although I have seen some kick ass Beetles with a 1.8T, lowered with cool body kits, I'd take one of those as a loaner.

·
Registered
201 Posts
So my question is.. why don't dealerships try to match up the car the person brings in with the loaner? What if I had a touareg or phaeton and brought it in for service? You can't tell me they'd give me a beetle. Does the fact that I drive a passat mean that my loaner should be of a lesser class? Last time I got a 2004 Jetta.. I was okay with it... But this is nearly embarrassing.
I get an '04 A4 Avant to wheel around in, bad news is it's a Tip.

Frank

·
Registered
216 Posts
The vast majority of loaner cars the dealership uses in my area are either Passat or Jetta 1.8t's. All with auto tranny of course. Not too shabby.

Abe

·
Registered
882 Posts
The Turbo S kicks @ss. That thing is a blast to drive. The only thing I didn't like was the spoiler deploying. A little to noisy for me. My wife has a 2.Slow '04 NB. I don't mind driving it. I just take the flower out of the vase.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, I take back anything I said earlier... I had a rather attractive young lady comment on how "cute" I looked driving a beetle.

I promptly replied, "well, sweetheart.. it's all they had!! I wanted a cute little jetta, but when they brought this up I was like, draaamaaaa!!!"

3 snaps, a twist and I gayed my way outta there.

I'm gonna go put on my half-zip moc-collar banana republic sweater and go for a drive. (I'm not kidding)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
glxpassat said:
Rubber345 said:
Okay, I take back anything I said earlier... I had a rather attractive young lady comment on how "cute" I looked driving a beetle.
LMAO, is that a compliment or insult ;-)
I'm guessing an insult, but I'll take about any compliment I can get right now.

:roll:

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
what is this thing you speak of...d-e-a-l-e-r-s-h-i-p...
i don't know this one?!

:crazy:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
30 Participants
aschendel
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing