Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to me we should have a list of member recommended upgrades, maybe 3 categories - 1.8T Mods, V6 mods & 4-motion mods. After all this is what we're about. When I do a search for my V6 more often than not I come up empty handed. I realize that there's body stuff crossover but I'm mainly concerned with power train improv. Comments? :eek:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Well if I understand you correctly then you are looking for better mechanical parts or other items for your trans and drivetrian.

Well do you have an auto or 5 speed? With the auto the are like NO upgrades, other then maybe a different trans fluid. Rusy who did a trans flush and then added Redline D4 ATF did enjoy the improvments.

I am going to add that trans fluid and also the redline Syntec Oil to my car next oil change!

Let see if other members can help you more!

Rich :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rich - I think the title was misleading. What I have in mind is all performance mods/upgrades based by model. Basically a listing forum of what's possible for (in my case) a 30V. That way we could be model specific with links for further info.

David 8)

G

·
Dude there is some much info here its insane! Your asking For it to be condensed for you. Heres an idea "what i would do" since you need it anyhow, do a search as you go along compile it into a nice post with links and contribute it to the club. Trust me the 30v'ers will love you for it :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love to but afraid my comp skills are not up to the challange. What I had in mind was a retrievable new category specific to 30v. I would be happy to thrash at it but I'm afraid none of us would be happy with the result.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.