Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried searching up and down through the forums, info-base, and rest of the web to no avail. I'm trying to determine if I can replace just the motor for the mirror that is in the housing, without replacing the entire housing (removing the door panel etc.). I replaced the glass on the driver's side. When I went to adjust it with the switch nothing doing, other side works fine. Didn't think to check and see if it moved before I replaced it. Actually I haven't probably adjusted the mirrors in years. From what I can tell by trying to search for the part it looks like there is not a connector on the back of the motor, but the wires are hard-wired to the motor and run all the way through to the switch on the door? Would be nice if I could just pop that sucker out and replace, or maybe even splice in a donor....if there is enough slack.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. did some further investigating with a volt meter. seems there probably was nothing wrong with the mirror as there is no voltage at the leads for it. I'm guessing my mirror motor issue and the lack of heat to the glass are one in the same, and there is either a problem with the connection in the door or the swtch.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
thanks. did some further investigating with a volt meter. seems there probably was nothing wrong with the mirror as there is no voltage at the leads for it. I'm guessing my mirror motor issue and the lack of heat to the glass are one in the same, and there is either a problem with the connection in the door or the swtch.
Look at the wires that go from the pillar through the rubber boot into the door. Common to have wires broken as the drivers door is used more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.