Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to remove the driver's side fender. I had water leaking problems and tried to find the teat for the sunroof drainage near the driver's door hinge and found it to have been pushed inside the door frame. I can feel it hanging inside the big open hole. That's when I noticed I can see the tire through the broken inner fender liner which I knew wasn't good. Have to install a missing plastic plate assembly 3B0821111A that seals the elements and road noise inside the fender and replace the liner, then get the teat out of the door frame and put it in its rightful place.
If anyone knows of any good write-ups on the fender removal it would help.

:cool:

·
Registered
26,602 Posts
It's not in the fender, it's comes from inside the car, to the left of the relay penal under the dash. It may be easier to pull the grommet out, grab the plastic tube with needle nose pliers and pull it through the opening (if it has enough length). If not, you need to remove the lower dash cover, maybe drop the relay panel and fuse box (not as hard as it sounds) and reach through the opening to push the hose through. I don't have a great pic of one on a car with a sunroof, but here is a pic of the area. I think it's the hole just below the 2 bolts on the left.

Here is a pic of what you will be looking at with just the lower cover removed, the 2 bolts on the far left are just above the hole where the tube is.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holly crud.

The problem is I have a piece that is missing in the fender that I need to replace. That is some serious detail right there but I need to remove the fender to install this.

·
Registered
26,602 Posts
I don't recall that part on my car, but if it's behind the fender I may not have seen it. I've had the fender liner out on my B5 and I have replaced a fender on a B5.5.

This parts diagram does show where the bolts are, it was pretty easy overall:

·
Registered
992 Posts
I've replaced a few fenders on B5.5 also and while I don't remember the details, I remember it being a pretty easy job. Just a bunch of 10mm bolts IIRC.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Make sure when you get the drain in place (or before for ease) cut the end off it so any debris that does get in the drain can come out easily. You can do the same to the passenger side also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts