Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I my driver's side window is not functioning, it is stuck in the up (closed) position. After searching, it seems that most of the guides to removing the inner door panel suggest lowering the window first, hence my problem.

Can I remove the door panel safely with the window closed? What should I look for once the panel is off (most likely culprit)? Is there something else I should try first?

btw, the lock works and all the other windows work.

99 GLS V6

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
37 Posts
My experience with a rear door panel was that the interior (trim) panel could be removed with the window up, but the silver metal interior cover to which the window track mounts could NOT be removed with the window in that position.

Just push the window switch to run the motor/track to the bottom and lower the glass by hand.

Also, to comment on the directions linked to above, my experience was that I had to separate the inner and outer nylon bushing to get things back together properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.