Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a fix-up. Working thru its issues for inspection. The drivers window will not function. Got others finally work fully. Pull the switch & hear a click lke it wants to do something. I'm thinking, pullng motor, hit switch & if works, then its the acuater that is suspect. Is that correct? Thanks in advancee

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Could be the motor or regulator. Also, OEM Passat regulator clips are notorious for breaking - weak design. Many here have replaced with beefed up aftermarket clips. It could have jammed up your regulator, and your motor is encountering too much resistance.

Before you rip everything apart, I assume you've tried to push down on the window while engaging the switch (probably requires two people)? I've seen on other models where grime/dirt, dirty track, and not opening the window for a long time can cause too much resistance.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
not only are the regulator slides a weak point but the pulleys are nylon and have a thin wall/profile and become brittle,side wall breaks and cable wedges between pulley and framework, ,no move in any direction, you can buy the repair kit or brand new framework,/complete assembly for like fifty bucks,not even work trying to repair the old one. you wil l also need the door panel push pin "wagon wheel" panel inserts as old ones are more than likely toast, the two inserts that secures bottom of door panel you can get at an Ace hdwr. in the Hillman fastener display/inventory ,they are in the license plate attachment drawer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.