Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring semester is almost over so I will be trying to remedy some small issue with ebony.

So I tired doing a search, my symptoms are the slightly different for my dirver dooe lock. The lock does lock and unlock, but when I unlock turn the car on and turn off then lock it with the key fob I have to first unlock the door and lock it again(with the fob). Also sometimes my manual lock seems to not respond. When I hold the Key rgiht or left it doesn't lock/unlock all doors or roll up/down the windows.

Does anyone know the culprit. I think it has something to do with the lock switch on the side of the door. I dd notice the symptoms until I programed a new key.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
The lock mechanism also has switches to sense when the key is turned to lock or unlock as well as what position the lock is currently in (locked or unlocked), in addition to sense when the door is open or closed. An issue with the switches or the solder points on the mechanism will cause this kind of issue, since the car can't properly sense if the door is locked or unlocked. See the link in the above post, it'll give you all the info you need to access the module and repair or replace it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts