Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay recently I noticed that on acceleration or turns my drivers seat springs creak a lot. I have a 99 Passat so it is about 4.5 years old now. Is there a fix for this or would I have to replace the whole seat? I do have the extended warranty still so I hope they will cover it. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
mine does this too, i would like a fix as well :???:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Mine does it but only minorly when i first sit down in the seat.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I had that problem last year, i have a 2002. They lubed up the seat frame twice and eventually replaced the whole thing.... mmm all under warranty. But you guys are proly not under warranty anymore.... but that's how mine ended up being fixed... good luck

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Actually, the noise is usually where the little rear wheel bracket bolts to the seat frame with a big-ass Torx bolt.

Tightening usually fixes it, and if that doesn't, taking it off, lubing where the two pieces mate up, and putting it back together gets it.

Though this is not to say the frame itself can't or doesn't cause noise at times also.

You just need to drive it and jam someone's head under the seat to see where the noise is actually coming from.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Sharky said:
You just need to drive it and jam someone's head under the seat to see where the noise is actually coming from.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
441 Posts
This sounds crazy, but my driver's seat creaked like your described for a week, and it was fixed by lowering the seat all the way, and then cranking it back up. Not sure why, never invested the time to figure it out.

It happened again about three months later, and I repeated the same procedure. That was about six months ago, and it hasn't squeeked since.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks folks I will try the lowering and raising the seat and then check out that TORX bolt is tigh enough! Not sure if I want to ask my spouse to jam her head behind the driver's seat :lol: :lol: :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts