Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to convert my AEB 1.8T Passat to drive by wire and upgrade to wideband ECU (custom turbo setup, fueling, maf, etc)
a) good link to drive by wire conversion DIY?
b) what years/engine codes of the Passat are already wideband O2?

·
Registered
27,577 Posts
Wideband started with the 01.5 new body style. Most have immo, so that would have to be coded out.

Funny thing, when I searched the 1st thread that came up was your's from 2013:

This the thread with the most info that I had seen on it:

Reactions: vtraudt

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't have a good link, but maybe this will help. A4 AWM ECU will work also as there's no immo, part number 4B0-906-018-CH, and I think 4B0-906-018-M will be fine as well. Hopefully you have a manual, the new ECU and your TCU may not get along well. AWM MAF is needed (ATW is DBW, but not wideband and uses a different MAF part #), AWM cat (LEV vs ULEV I believe), although a spacer may work, VVT CCT and associated wiring. ATW SMIC may fit on AEB better than AWM SMIC (ATW and AEB are both B5, but ATW has a MAP sensor), unless you go with a FMIC for your setup.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wideband started with the 01.5 new body style. Most have immo, so that would have to be coded out.

Funny thing, when I searched the 1st thread that came up was your's from 2013:

This the thread with the most info that I had seen on it:
Yeah, didn't do it back then, and by now forgot all the details. Need to put together a whole list of parts as well as 'labor' to get the whole picture before committing to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts