Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasnt completly serious but I lost to a girl driving a silver New Beetle. However she had a passenger, and I had 4 others. The fact that it kept up pretty well and I wasn't trying too hard (V6) with a huge handicap I think it did pretty well, however my friends didnt get this concept and laughed at me, punks. :p

·
Registered
240 Posts
chucchinchilla said:
It wasnt completly serious but I lost to a girl driving a silver New Beetle. However she had a passenger, and I had 4 others. The fact that it kept up pretty well and I wasn't trying too hard (V6) with a huge handicap I think it did pretty well, however my friends didnt get this concept and laughed at me, punks. :p
I have a 98 B5 1.8T modded with a chip, exhaust, DV, N75 valve and a 99 Beetle 1.8T completely stock motor wise w/ springs and 18" wheels and my beetle whips my Passat ass at leat 1 1/2 car lengths. My 18" rims on my B5 are heavy and its a Tiptronic compared to my Beetle's 5spd. So don't feel bad, stock Beetle 1.8T's are pretty quick and are a lot lighter.

·
Registered
240 Posts
2.0 = 2. slow

1.8T beetle's are pretty quick....I was impressed with mine...I want do some engine mods...besides the exterior mods....but my girlfriend drives it and she drives like my grandma, so I think it wouldn't matter

·
Registered
26,781 Posts
Smoked by a 2.0? That is so sorry. Come around here again,and I will take you with my son's
mostly-dead Taurus wagon.

PZ.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
What the...? :???: You got you ass handed to you by a 2.slow NB? It's a sad day in the Passat world. Next time I suggest you keep that kind of info to yourself. :roll: :roll: Hey, I just though of something, how fat are your friends? But please, lie to us and say they all wiegh in at over 300 lbs. each. OK? :wink:

Sad, very Sad.

I haven't lost to a New Beetle yet! Turbo or otherwise. I'm sure there is one out there somewhere that will spank me down, but not so far. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
334 Posts
i lost to my girlfriends mini. she doesn't let me forget it.

we weren't "racing" but we were cruising and she took me.

i wasn't going to bring it up but i figure it was approprite on this thread

heres to the slow passats everywhere :beer: :beer:

·
0 Posts
I would rather have my eyes punctured with pick-up sticks than to loose to a beetle or a mini, i have smacked both of those candy assed cars down many times!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Problem with the V6 is the age old one , you need sustained revs and a long straight as it is normally aspirated, heavier engine AND needs more air through all those valves !! (30).

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I had a fun run in with a Mini Cooper S one morning while on my way to a track day event last summer. He was trying to be a bad ass, but I wouldn't let him. He was actually a very cool guy in the end and we had some fun on the highway. :lol: But he did get spanked, not once, but several times. And the best part is that later that same afternoon I got to meet him out at the track. He told me that he knew the Passat was turbo charged but didn't think it was as fast as his car. :lol: :lol: :lol: He said that he was very impressed with the power of the Passat. Ha! He had tried to pull on me several times and each time I would just let the long legged 3rd gear do it's job! He would pull a bit then I would catch up and pass him with lots of room to spare.

He was on his way over to a friends house and I guess they started talking about the bad ass Passat that pulled him several times. His friend told him that he read on the internet somewhere about a gathering of Passats at Second Creek Raceway and that he wanted to head out there to see what was going on. So when that dark blue mini came rolling into the pits I just laughed. Like I said, the guy was actually cool and we had ourselves a good laugh. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ahh! I must admit, I dont think my V6 Passat could hold a leg for very long against the wife's car.... a worked AMD Mini Cooper S (as much as I hate to admit it...) But here's to the Dub for the smoothest drive ever.. Ha! Beat that MINI!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I had a run in on the highway with a V6 passat and I didn't even have to downshift from 6th gear in my 1.8T Gti to pull away quite easily

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
About a year ago I had a encounter with a A6 2.8Q tip with my Mk3 2.0 manual on the highway. We were at a light just leaving city limits. He in the closing lane on my left so I knew that he was going to blast out of the intersection and try to get into my lane within the 500m of space. I'm sure he anticipated that I wasn't going to let him get into my lane from a earlier on (he was weaving in and out, but I blocked him :lol: ). The light finally turned green, and both cars blasted out. I managed to take the lead by half a car lenght before reaching 60MPH, but then he was closing in on me (he was now in the left lane) but chickened out at around 100MPH when he had about a 1/2 car lenght lead. I had to pass him back and I did. :lol: So they're not really that slow. :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts