Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
16 people got eliminated last Thursday(~10%). I had no idea I would be one of them, I guess the price of Brass has skyrocketed and most plumbing is brass :( My electronics testing and analysis will now be done at the company in Boston (West Newton, actually) that makes our electronic flushometers and faucets. Twice in 4 years...SUX! I say everything happens for a reason...my wifes company wants her to move to TX (plant is across border in Mexico-Nuevo Laredo) maybe this is why this happened...make you think sometimes. She won't move to Laredo (I remember what San Ysidro was like in CA also a border town). If she can commute from Houston (my sis lives there and about a 1hr flight to Laredo) definitely much closer than Chicago and going twice a month. At least this way my daughter and I can go visit my sis during spring break (since I have time on my hands :D ) 80 degrees is better than the current crappy Chicago weather. I'm fortunate that I go severance pay and am able to get unemployment too! At least when in the electrical/electronics field there is always something out there.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
ursuspolaris said:
. I'm fortunate that I go severance pay and am able to get unemployment too!
So now you dont work....and get paid even more money.....sounds like a good deal til you find a better job....I hope.

I know it sucks losing a job....but like you said....god probably meant it for a reason.....good luck with the job seach and I hope everything works out for you!!!!

Jacob

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the support guys...my wife took it worse than I did...not much phases me :) Does suck looking for a new job...HATE INTERVIEWS!

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
ursuspolaris said:
my wife took it worse than I did...
Thats not a good sign....sometimes....well Ive seen it on many occasions...........love ends where the money stops, I certainly dont think its the case here, but there is ways to find out ;)

My wife usually loves when I lose my job....
1. Ican be home with her then
2. she doesnt worry about financial....Im the one taking care of everything so.....its not on her mind
3. help her with 3 kids :oops: :( :suspicio: :crazy: :weirdo: :nervous:

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but moving to Houston is definitely a step in the right direction. I moved from No-Cal to Houston some years ago. Once we saw how affordable housing is in Houston, we never looked back. Life is good here, you won't regret it.

Good luck

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Good luck. Hey, it's a good time to buy a lotto ticket!
Maybe some good karma is about to happen to offset the bad ones...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually did buy a Lotto ticket! Mega millions for tonight and IL Lotto for tomorrow...we'll see. Tell me about the housing, my sis built a 3000 sq. ft house in League City with an in ground pool for 240K...couldn't come close to that in Chicago!
Also...My wife works too...she actually makes alot more than me (by about a 1/3). She just freaks about big things when it has to do with money.

Should be down in TX the Mar 27th- Apr 3rd hanging at the pool.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
ursuspolaris said:
I actually did buy a Lotto ticket! Mega millions for tonight and IL Lotto for tomorrow...we'll see. Tell me about the housing, my sis built a 3000 sq. ft house in League City with an in ground pool for 240K...couldn't come close to that in Chicago!
Also...My wife works too...she actually makes alot more than me (by about a 1/3). She just freaks about big things when it has to do with money.

Should be down in TX the Mar 27th- Apr 3rd hanging at the pool.
ursuspolaris, PM me your address, I can send you some real estate magazines to wet your appetite. Promise that you & mrs. ursuspolaris will go nuts with how far you can stretch your money with housing in Houston. If you wife is pulling in major mulas, then you can stay home and be Mr. Mom sipping tea by the pool full time indefinitely. :wink:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that would be nice (sipping cool drinks by the pool)...I can do that when I go down at the end of the month...save u the postage :D

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Back from Houston...amazing how friendly people are there! I even told a State Trooper he was nice (actually was) when my sis got pulled over on the way back from San Antonio (the Alamo)...got off with a warning! Gave my resume to my Sis (she knows someone at Boeing), One to my Bro-in-law works at NASA and my Sis knows someone in HR at MD Anderson U of TX. So we'll see...I can't believe how inexpensive things were at least compared to Chicago!!

How is Clearview VW as a dealership?? Closest one to Leage City.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts