Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at work today we were putting my car back together, while the guys were painting i asked them to paint under the passenger door handle where my girl's rings made some scratches. so they took off the handle and took care of it for me when they put everything back together and closed the door it wouldnt open anymore. it locks and unlocks but niether the interior or exterior handles will open the door. i removed the glass and the actuator appears to be moving but not opening the door. anyone have any ideas on how to get the door open or whats going on in there???????

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recently had the same problem. Turns out it was the child safety lock. It was partly engaged which would not allow the door to open from the inside or outside. They had to take off the door interior and rework the lock mechanism. It works just fine now.

How did the child safety lock get partly engaged you ask? I have no idea and neither did the shop.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
1.8tbeout said:
at work today we were putting my car back together, while the guys were painting i asked them to paint under the passenger door handle where my girl's rings made some scratches. so they took off the handle and took care of it for me when they put everything back together and closed the door it wouldnt open anymore. it locks and unlocks but niether the interior or exterior handles will open the door. i removed the glass and the actuator appears to be moving but not opening the door. anyone have any ideas on how to get the door open or whats going on in there???????
does the handle fell lighter than normal . it might be the cable.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fixed it today, well i found the problem anyway and got the door open. the plastic part of the actuator where the cable connects to broke. i'll have to order a new actuator on monday. held up my car from being finished this weekend :mad: :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts