Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
found mine i the classfieds, but i dont know how to install them. if you find some let me know how you install gose :bow: oh and i got mine for 110$.

Hope you find some! :thumbup:

Ethan

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ethan,

I bet you can wire those up to the puddle lights in the doors. They only come on when the door is open, which would be the scheme (I'd imagine) you'd want for lighted sills.

Ahh, Fayetteville, spent a few weeks in the Rogers/Bentonville/Fayetteville area this fall. Nice area.

Go Hogs!! :D

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't see any in the classifieds, thats why I posted here :(

How can you wire them up to the puddle lights? Those are on the door.... I thought the sills were attached to the body of the car (wouldn't this lead to a wire stringing across to the door :???:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
i tried to wire them to the puddle lamps for 2 days and i have no idea where the puddle lamp wires are (i cant run them directley to the dooor) and i cant find them when i take off the pannel in the footwell (way to many wires) so if anybody has and i idea where i could find these they are just sitting under my bed collecting dust :cry:

VWPassatGLX155 i got my door sill form B5T, so you might check with him to see where he got them. Sorry i cant be more help, there is no webside or even a company on the box they came in. i will try to post pic's of mine, i know you asked before :thumbup:

Hope you find some!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turbo2000 said:
i tried to wire them to the puddle lamps for 2 days and i have no idea where the puddle lamp wires are (i cant run them directley to the dooor) and i cant find them when i take off the pannel in the footwell (way to many wires) so if anybody has and i idea where i could find these they are just sitting under my bed collecting dust :cry:

VWPassatGLX155 i got my door sill form B5T, so you might check with him to see where he got them. Sorry i cant be more help, there is no webside or even a company on the box they came in. i will try to post pic's of mine, i know you asked before :thumbup:

Hope you find some!

Maybe an idea... you now those things that the phone companies use to locate wires? You clamp them to the wire then it beeps when you touch it... maybe you could find a cheap scaled down version of that at radio shack. It would definatly help in locating the wires... the only other thing I can suggest is to rip up everything as far as it will go and trace the wires from the door to the point on the body of the car.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I have not ever seen anything like that, but im almost to the point of asking some stero place around here if they can install them for me :weirdo: I'll try to have the pics up with in 24 hours!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts