Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my Passat wagon back after 46 days! Looks good, drives fine, but the remote will not open the passenger or rear doors :???: ??!!?? The driver's door opens ok, the rear hatch opens ok, the key works normally in the door (ie 1 turn to unlock the driver's door, 2 turns to unlock other other doors). I have made an appointment to get the remote reprogrammed. Anyone else ever have this problem and perhaps a easier solution?

By the way, the repairs cost (Cdn) $12.5k plus, $2200 for a rental car (paid for by the other driver's insurance). Pics and post at http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73107&highlight=

·
Registered
694 Posts
If the remote's already working for the driver door, reprogramming probably won't help. Sounds like a problem with the control unit or wiring in the car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Passat is scheduled to get the remotes reprogrammed tomorrow March 14 and, you guessed it, they both began to work correctly on Sunday morning, March 11. Must have been the non zero voltage state (as well described in "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance")... :suspicio:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
frettin_phil
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing