Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...went to pick my girl up in Philadelphia and told her to get in the back... :shock:

....well she wanted to put her bag in the back and the rear passenger side door would not unlock. Its just that one lock so I am assuming that its not a fuse issue.. Or is it? Anyone have a clue to remedy it?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have a 2001, and had the same problem with the front passenger door. Sometimes it would unlock and sometimes it wouldn't. When it did open, the interior lights did not come on, and the little light under the door would not come on either.
Turned out to be a faulty door latch.
Do not know the price since the dealer fixed for free.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just wondering...my driver's side rear door will unlock, but it won't trigger the interior lights. Could this also be a faulty door latch or is there something else :suspicio: ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a similar problem only my driver's door will unlock and the other'e won't. The interior lights didn't work also. Check your fuses first.

I pulled up the carpet in the driver's footwell and checked the wires going to the harness of the CCM. A few of them were corroded at the crimp points so I cleaned them with a knife and electrical cleaner, also there was one wire that was broken off the crimp that when I reconnected got me back all my interior lights. Prior to that, only the glove box light would work.

HTH

Chris.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Had the same problem on my left rear door. Turned out to be a loose wiring harness connector. I was able to open the door from inside using the handle. Once open, remove the rubber boot betwen the door and the B pillar on the pillar side. There are wire connections inside that have a tendency to come apart. An easy snap back together. If not, look for broken or frayed wires in this same area.

I belive there is also a wire rod on the latch mechnism that can come off. Maybe someone has a solution for that too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
turtle
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing