Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
04 2.8 4motion wagon
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks Fresco for giving me the colors to check. Have not taken apart yet but I would think it’s a power feed that powers everything in the door. I have a lot to learn about how the signaling works to control this stuff. Take me back to plugs and points and coil and I can make it run. Hand crank windows and a lock button that you push down and pull up. Guess those days are long gone.

·
Registered
04 2.8 4motion wagon
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Forgot to ask, should those power feeds be hot all the time, or just when ignition switch on

·
Registered
04 2.8 4motion wagon
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
guess I should get a Bentley manual. Have hard time finding wire diagrams online. Thank you

·
Registered
04 2.8 4motion wagon
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Should have done more research. Busted side trim. Found plug. Take that apart next.

·
Registered
04 2.8 4motion wagon
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well. That could be a problem considering its ground. Think I will piece it out rather than solder those together. Being very careful but another casualty. Broke small clips on retaining ring. Good thing this is my car.

·
Registered
04 2.8 4motion wagon
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Getting crowded in here. Had to fix tractor before this door project. Will post picture of door ground repair hopefully later today. May have to glue car back together.

·
Registered
04 2.8 4motion wagon
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If anyone does this job, read up on how trim comes off. Top comes off first, then bottom at rocker panels, then bottom side piece. I broke mine doing in wrong order. And on reassembly make sure to line up release for belt adjuster. I learned the hard way. Anyway all working now, ground kinda important in electrical circuit. Tricky getting spade to release from plug should you have to do that. As you can see was completely open
( broke) one spot and half broke in another so cut and pieced out. Think next project is find out why right rear speaker dead.

·
Registered
04 2.8 4motion wagon
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Compared to what the previous owner did to center console that hole isn’t so bad.

·
Moderator/Administrator
23,741 Posts
Oops! Well, good job on the soldering.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts