Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, I unlocked my car but the door wouldn't budge. All the other doors opened..I went in through the passenger side and leaned in to try and open it from the inside..it took a few pulls on the handle but it finally opened..so I go back around and get in..the door will not close/latch.it just kept swinging open..so a few tries and I hear it click closed...great..I start the car and then for the hell of it try and open the door...nothing..wouldn't budge..rolled the window down, and tried the outside handle..nothing...so I had to crawl out! Now, It was cold out..maybe around 5...but this door has been iced over before and has opened just fine..Any ideas? I took my dads car to work..He tried it and it opened for him..but not from the inside..he had to roll the window down and open it to get out..but at least it opened for him then.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My Passat did the same thing once on a frosty morning. If you read C&D, there long-term test Passat did the same thing. Adding this all up, it is a design issue. If I lived in the Great White North, the cable would be replaced quickly. ,BK

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
i would start by lubricating with a silicon crease and a rag, lightly coating the door weather seal just to eliminate it's sticking.

i would then lubricate the door lock with a silicon grease in a can, like enforce, or liquid wrench. not wd-40.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts