Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I wish I wasn't witless
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm aware this is the wrong forum, but I have had a thread up in WTB section for a while now and I need help-More people look here than anywhere else.

I need a good working B5 (1J0 CCM) driver’s side, front window motor/door control module ASAP. This specific module is extremely difficult to come across. If you have a good door control module portion (rectangular box on unit) with a broken motor or other problem, I will take it.

It needs to be from a GLX with power folding mirrors and memory seats. The index/color code is 6Y, this is a must-you can check this number in VAG-COM.

The part number for my CCM is 1J0959799 AJ index 6Y and the door modules must match; As seen below, my driver’s module does not match the 6Y index.

The part number that I need is 1J1959801D 6Y

Any leads are appreciated.

2nd Mate Unlimited
MSC

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Have you tried car-part.com ? I got 4 pages of hits for "Window Motor", which then lets you specify LH, with folding mirrors. Several of the listings specify "GLX, folding mirrors." BTW, while they have "contact" links, I've had much better luck calling the yards rather than emailing, etc.

I had a 2004 Passat thus equipped until my son rear-ended someone with it...

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Or, post up in the WTB/WTT and scour the Parts For Sale section.
I just recently scored on some hard to come by window motors for my 1998 GLS from a member here. (y)

·
I wish I wasn't witless
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take a look again, I've been looking for a while and the specific module I need seems to be extraordinarily rare. Every module I come across is missing the second IC chip that is needed to make it fully compatible with my CCM. The only two ways to tell are to open the module up or connect with diagnostic software. I want both of my mirrors to fold and random gremlins to stop!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts