Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings!

My first car was a '74 Beetle. Then much later in life I picked up a '91 GTI 8v. Sold that and then a few years later, bought a '98 GTI VR6. Then in September of '04 I traded the GTI for a '99 Passat 1.8T 5-speed.

Current pics of my car:

Current mods:

Suspension:
- Koni Sports
- Neuspeed SofSports
- OEM Audi A4 16" Swings

Engine:
- Neuspeed/Greedspeed 1.0bar ECU
- Bailey DV
- N75
- Mototec 2.5" cat-back exhaust
- Southbend Stage 3 clutch & pressure plate
- Fidanza lightweight flywheel (single-mass)

Exterior:
- Diamond mesh grill
- Crystal clear LED side markers
- Smoked clear front corners
- Long "eyelids"
- New Beetle "turbo" badge
- Zender 3-pc replica spoiler

Interior:
- DieselGeek short-shifter
- PhatNoise
- Black perforated leather shift boot

Thanks,
Don Zielke
'99 Passat 1.8T | '99 Ducati Monster 750
---
'98 GTI VR6 - gone
'91 GTI 8v - goner
'74 Beetle - gonest :D

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Welcome aboard Don! Don't forget to post pix!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, if the car weren't still so painfully stock looking, I just might. I'm working on getting a set of rims now, and I have to get the windows tinted *bad*. Pics up shortly....

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pics & Mods list so far

[Moved mods list and picture up to first post] :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
hey man u ever come out on the ohiovw g2gs? im lookin for fellow B5ers. hit me up 2000b5 on either here or ohiovw

·
Registered
713 Posts
Don,

Hey, I'm also a new member from Columbus, OH. I am currently in the market for some new rims (17") for my stock '99 1.8T. Nice to "meet" you. I'll have to check out ohiovw some time soon, but not now since I should be studying.

James

·
Registered
281 Posts
hey doc, new and improved c-bus site... check out dubohio.com. both of you need to get out on sat nights and show what our B5s can do. there are a couple GTi s from osu that come out.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Updates

Picked up a Brullen 2.5" cat-back stainless steel exhaust, and I'm trading the ADR's for a set of 17" Ace Lolas. I love the ADRs but they just don't look right on the car to me, expecially on the front. Just too wide for my taste.

I should be ordering my suspension here shortly. Neuspeed SofSports and Koni yellows (adjustables). New pics will be posted as soon as I get the Ace's installed.

Will check out the dubohio site for sure. Any of you guys that work downtown, lets hook up for lunch!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump for updates (see top). Gonna keep the ADR's after all. I really like how those look on the car.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nice car Don, I like the wheels with the blue car, they look good together.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got the call from the muffler shop - the good news is the Brullen is installed!! Bad news is there is still 3 hours to go until I can leave... :cry:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2000b5 said:
damn sounds like i need to get myself an exhaust now
Bwahahaha!!! Come to the dark side, Luke! :lol: Mmm, the force is strong in this one, yes.

Ya know, we really need to have a Columbus B5 GTG. :whistle:

I had to take the Passat back to the muffler shop last night because the trip to Michigan and back shook the car so bad that two of the bolts holding on the exhaust backed themselves out! :Yikes: I feel bad for Michigan folks, those roads are horrible! I used to think PA roads were bad, but MI has 'em beat by a big margin...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pemm said:
Just wanted to say Hi to all my C-bus friends and shout a little

O - H ......

(Go bucks)
Hey there! Nice to meet you, I'm just around the corner in Reynoldsburg...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got a new grill & long eyelids for the B5. New pics soon.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Latest mod: picked up a DieselGeek short shifter. Hopefully will install this weekend.

I also removed all but the "turbo" badge in preparation of installing the rear spoiler. I messed up the paint on the eyebrows and the spoiler, and as soon as that's fixed I'll be installing them too.

Just put the winter steelies back on the car. Man are those ugly. :puke:

I need a set of 16" winter alloys. :angel:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts