Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting neuspeed sports and bilsteins shocks on tonight an wanted to know if anyone had any advice to give before I go? Do I need the ruber bumber in the strut setup, or are there any washers I need.....anything at all would be great.
TIA
Chris Patterson
:bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Only thing you need are the tools. All the parts are in the boxes and/or re-used stock pieces. You probably already have this but if not heres a good write-up from Herman
http://home.comcast.net/~hhong4/shockspringinstall.htm

And for some words of widsom...follow the instructions carefully. Its simple but you still have to pay attention. After installing mine I helped another person install theirs. On the drivers side front, I read the wrong torque setting for the upper control arm bolt and snapped the damn thing. Trip the hardware store for a new bolt all because I glanced at the paper and didn't double check what bolt I was getting the torque setting for. After that, I slowed down and double checked everything.

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
I'd say drink a bottle of Sothern Comfort first. Also poke yourself in the eye so you can see if the instructions can be done by one eyed people. Don't forget to put the wheels back on when done, you won't be going anywhere if you don't.

Did I mention to have a drink before hand too?

8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
V-MANN said:
Only thing you need are the tools. All the parts are in the boxes and/or re-used stock pieces. You probably already have this but if not heres a good write-up from Herman
http://home.comcast.net/~hhong4/shockspringinstall.htm

And for some words of widsom...follow the instructions carefully. Its simple but you still have to pay attention. After installing mine I helped another person install theirs. On the drivers side front, I read the wrong torque setting for the upper control arm bolt and snapped the damn thing. Trip the hardware store for a new bolt all because I glanced at the paper and didn't double check what bolt I was getting the torque setting for. After that, I slowed down and double checked everything.
Thank you that is a better write up then what I had :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts