Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, that's right. Was in a hurry, cleaning bug guts off my windshield, then I got in my car and noticed the lines, thought they were streaks, but no!!! The crappy old squeegee had scuffed my glass in like 5 vertical lines, right in my line of vision. The cuts aren't deep really, but when I run my finger over them I can definitely tell there is an groove. Its not so bad as to block my view, but it is so bad that I want to take a baseball bat to the whole thing and start over.

Any ideas on less expensive/violent ways of fixing this issue? I'm thinking some kind of buffer/solution that would mask the problem. If nothing is available, should I visit the dealer or some body shop/ glass expert? I'm just hoping the deal can be done for less than $200 bucks.

You all are the gurus. Any advice is appreciated.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
ARMOR-ALL make a windshield wax (just like waxing your car), and It does help fill some minor scratches. I'm not sure if it'll work for yours if they are very deep. It's main purpose is actually repel bugs, road grit, and keep them from sticking to the winshield so much. Makes it easier to clean and allows water to run off (as opposed to collecting and forming beads). You may want to try this. I have some, but have yet the wax the windshield of my new passat. I don't remember what it's called, but it is made by Armor-all. If you have trouble finding it, PM me and I find out for you.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
i saw a website tutorial for buffing out scrapes made by bad windsheld whipers

ill look for it now

but the bassics were you get a roatary brush and put it on your drill

cover it with rubbing compound and buff the living S out of it

·
Registered
437 Posts
Most collision insurance covers a new windshield if it happened yesterday and the crack not scratch is larger than a dollar bill. This should have no effect on your premium and cost you nothing out of pocket.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's not a crack............

...........so a new windshield is probably out of the question. appreciate the info, I'll probably try to get one of those drill buffers. I just want a clear view out of it! And to forget it ever happened. Word to the wise, quick check the foam edge of the squeegee before it touches your VW! I'll also look into the armor-all idea as well. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
crash893
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing