Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I think it's a good law. first, any unsecured load (including live ones) is VERY dangerous to have in the passenger compartment of a moving vehicle. That pooch would become a missile in an accident. A 10 pount object will exert many thousands of pounds of force if it is traveling at highway speeds and hit a non moving opbect (like the back of you head just a fraction of a second after an accident). Plus, yas gots to keep your pets safe...

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Stupid attempt to fix what really is a problem. I've had at least two dogs jump out of trucks to try and get at Raven, so it really can be a problem. :crazy:

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
jimbob said:
Stupid attempt to fix what really is a problem. I've had at least two dogs jump out of trucks to try and get at Raven, so it really can be a problem. :crazy:
Only reason Bernie ever tries to get out of the car is if we pass a Krispy Kreme.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think it's a good law. first, any unsecured load (including live ones) is VERY dangerous to have in the passenger compartment of a moving vehicle. That pooch would become a missile in an accident.
So does that mean that I'm gonna have to put a seatbelt on my gallon of milk or can of creamed corn?? :p

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I work with a guy who was killed by a flying paper tissue holder in a high speed crash. :eek:h: :thumbup:

I'm mad that my dog isn't as smart as Sharkey's, too, but that' off-topic. sorta. :)

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
Sharky said:
jimbob said:
Only reason Bernie ever tries to get out of the car is if we pass a Krispy Kreme.
Hell, I'd jump out of a truck to get to a Krispy Kreme.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
jjasper13 said:
I think it's a good law. first, any unsecured load (including live ones) is VERY dangerous to have in the passenger compartment of a moving vehicle. That pooch would become a missile in an accident.
So does that mean that I'm gonna have to put a seatbelt on my gallon of milk or can of creamed corn?? :p
No, you should be putting that stuff in the trunk. Anything in the passenger compartment should be properly secured... :)

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
Tucker is always in har kennel when in the passat... and the kennel is strapped in. It's the only safe way. For her and us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
pass-variant
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing