Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Good lord that guy has the charisma of a wet blanket! Talk about a boring review. Could have been MUCH MUCH better. He doesn't even go into what exactly was done to the 335i.

And what's the deal with his statement? "what do you do if you don't have a race track in your back yard? that's right, you race traffic light to traffic light...."

Nice...good advice there buddy. What a wanker.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
yeah, they should have included a list of mods. 14k of (a bit overpriced) dinan mods doesn't mean much for the sake of comparison. it was also kinda cheesy to take into account some $10-20 dealer mark-up. m3 looks a lot better here.

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,310 Posts
Agree with wet blanket statement.

Did he mention a stage III suspension? Regardless, that torque on the DINAN monster is awesome...that coupled with it's cheaper price would have me go that route.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Agree with wet blanket statement.

Did he mention a stage III suspension? Regardless, that torque on the DINAN monster is awesome...that coupled with it's cheaper price would have me go that route.
'stage 3' don't mean anything. sounds so corny. it's frustrating when that's all the info they give. it says nothing about the adjustability of the shocks, spring rates used, etc. I'll bet it's just some re-badged Megan racing coilovers sold for triple the price.

yeah torque is nice, but I'll take power over torque any day.

the pricing is actually a bit misleading, and so is the cost of the mods. I have completely faith you could build a a 335 for less to outperform the e92 m3, just maybe not the same approach dinan used. My guess is that the Dinan car still had an open/electronic diff, maybe a suspension that just needed additional tweaking with the alignment settings etc. It actually did well for a tuner car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.