Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
yes, the doors are the same, one of the few things that stayed the same between the models. You can also get the OEM VW ones for the B5.5 and slap them on the B5. They starteed sill plates in the 2002 models I believe.

cheers
jon

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
from the dealer I would guess. They are surprisingly inexpensive. Most of the lower trim pieces, such as black plastic lowers, are very cheap. I had to replace some on my B5.5 after hitting a racoon, only cost me about $75 for 3 pieces. Maybe someone has etca and can get you a part number on the OEM ones, which are black with 2 silver brushed sections...they look real sharp. I can't imagine them being any more expensive than other aftermarket ones. Maybe also check with an auto body shop or someone like www.drewparts.com, they give an online discount for clubb5 members. Also, Liberty imports will work something out with you, I believe Tim is still an active member...check with him, his screen name is Blownaway.

cheers
jon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.