Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
You sure the 2001 comes with a K04, might wanna check that again. I think you're incorrect, the K04 is from the S4/Audi TT right, I could be wrong , what do I know I post in the wrong forums :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
You sure the 2001 comes with a K04, might wanna check that again. I think you're incorrect, the K04 is from the S4/Audi TT right, I could be wrong , what do I know I post in the wrong forums :p

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
That's not what it says. It says the engine "is equipped with a KO4 turbo compressor wheel (5mm larger than K03) and a K03 exhaust wheel." European Car isn't exactly the best source of technical details, but regardless both the Jetta/Golf and Passat 1.8Ts got a bigger trim K03 for mid 2001.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Macabre said:
That's not what it says. It says the engine "is equipped with a KO4 turbo compressor wheel (5mm larger than K03) and a K03 exhaust wheel." European Car isn't exactly the best source of technical details, but regardless both the Jetta/Golf and Passat 1.8Ts got a bigger trim K03 for mid 2001.
=K03 sport, not KO4

·
Registered
472 Posts
Its a K03 with the K04 compressor whell design... its still a K03 and im pretty sure that the S4 also come with K03s because i was reading about a kit that upgrades it to K04s

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.