Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posed the question today. Does Bill really want Hillary to win?

What would it mean to his legacy?

Discuss.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i was just checking out msnbc where they said ted kenney is now supporting obama. they also said how ted talked with bill before deciding to side with obama. im not sure whats going on but everyone seems to be blaming the husband for her doing bad and losing support.

all i have to say is if it is him, thanks bill. i do not want her as president

·
Never forgets
2,380 Posts
Why should it do anything to how he feel's as a man? Bill may have lot of faults, but I highly doubt one of them is penis envy in regards to Hillary.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why should it do anything to how he feel's as a man? Bill may have lot of faults, but I highly doubt one of them is penis envy in regards to Hillary.
You're right. I thought better of it and removed that line. :)

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
His attacks of the past month have laid bare the true nature of the Clinton "machine" (and I was a big supporter of his, I am disappointed in what I have seen over the past month), the desire to win at any cost. I do actually wonder if he wants her to be president, IMHO he is one of the best politicians out there, I can't believe he thought this would work. That said, the Clintons are used to being the non-establishment candidate, and I think their poor choice of tactics are a result of not truly understanding their role in this election.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
Seems Bill has become more of an liability thanan asset for Hillary. However, the race is far from over and it will be another month before the answer is known.

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
His attacks of the past month have laid bare the true nature of the Clinton "machine" (and I was a big supporter of his, I am disappointed in what I have seen over the past month), the desire to win at any cost.
That has always been their nature. You were just reminded of it and now it matters to you. If Hillary wins the nomination it probably won't bother you again.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
His problems are:

1) Can't stick to the talking points. When he goes extemporaneous, watch out!
2) Can't stick to the schedule. His running over time on his allocated time slot has caused her to miss being the lead story on the local news in some of the early states.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
i was just checking out msnbc where they said ted kenney is now supporting obama. they also said how ted talked with bill before deciding to side with obama. im not sure whats going on but everyone seems to be blaming the husband for her doing bad and losing support.
Is it a good thing for Obama to have Teddy's support? I would think for the republicans this is just another reason for them to hate Obama.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Unless Obama runs the table, there is no way he wins the nomination. The Democratic nomination process has a large amount of Super Delegates (party insiders/ 20%). She holds commitments from a large percentage of those, so if it is even close, she wins.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Unless Obama runs the table, there is no way he wins the nomination. The Democratic nomination process has a large amount of Super Delegates (party insiders/ 20%). She holds commitments from a large percentage of those, so if it is even close, she wins.
I agree she definitely has the insiders, but I think it's telling that she's now trying to get Florida and Michigan delegates to count (Florida and Michigan were punished for moving their primaries up too early, and as a result, their delegates do not count). I believe there is panic in her campaign, or at the very least grave concern, given her sway with the insiders I think she feels it may not be enough.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I agree she definitely has the insiders, but I think it's telling that she's now trying to get Florida and Michigan delegates to count (Florida and Michigan were punished for moving their primaries up too early, and as a result, their delegates do not count). I believe there is panic in her campaign, or at the very least grave concern, given her sway with the insiders I think she feels it may not be enough.
I think she doesn't want it to come down to the Super Delegates. If it does, that looks bad.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
The best description I've heard of his behaviour is a like a Father as a little league coach. He's normally a politically astute guy but perhaps he's let his feelings get the best him.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
I think Bill is frustrated that Hillary isn't a tenth the politician he is, even on his worst day, and he is messing up all over the place because of it. That Jesse Jackson line really irritated me, but Obama's guys are pissing me off, too. I think the main difference here is that Obama's group is just plain better at playing, or not playing, the whole race thing.

I will enjoy it when or if Obama gets the nomination and watching the repubs blowing the race thing worse than Bill ever thought about....

It was telling to watch Bill Kristol all but giggle aloud on FNS yesterday at his little joke of calling Hillary a man without calling her a man. Wait until Obama is the only one to pick on.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I think Bill is frustrated that Hillary isn't a tenth the politician he is, even on his worst day, and he is messing up all over the place because of it. That Jesse Jackson line really irritated me, but Obama's guys are pissing me off, too. I think the main difference here is that Obama's group is just plain better at playing, or not playing, the whole race thing.

I will enjoy it when or if Obama gets the nomination and watching the repubs blowing the race thing worse than Bill ever thought about....

It was telling to watch Bill Kristol all but giggle aloud on FNS yesterday at his little joke of calling Hillary a man without calling her a man. Wait until Obama is the only one to pick on.
I don't think Obama is going to beat Hillary and the whole "race" thing has destroyed any chances of Obama being selected VP. What the Dems ought to worry about is does this race game cause division in the party at general election time. The Dems are always great a snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Bill just doesn't want to become the country's first First Gentleman.

I don't know how much he's looking forward to picking out the china, planning state dinners, and hosting afternoon teas for the wives of foreign heads of state.

Then again, this would be the most-watched episode of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts